Recent Topics

1 Feb 12, 2011 22:53    

My b2evolution Version: 4

I'm having a problem with the contact form I've created here: http://www.bluehorsegallery.com/index.php/Contact/ Can anyone help? I've created several of these before by just pulling the form info from the Blog Owner Contact Form and pasting it into a post. For some reason that doesn't seem to be working here.

Here's the error:

Bad Request!

The parameters of your request are invalid.

If you have obtained this error by clicking on a link INSIDE of this site, please report the bad link to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:

Missing crumb [newmessage] -- It looks like this request is not legit.

!!!UPDATE!!!

I gave up on fixing this the "right" way and used the message_send.php file from b2 v3 because v4 just wasn't working...

2 Feb 28, 2011 03:38

You can't copy the form. You need to have it generated in real time.. This is for security reasons.. Also helps with spam.

Do you mean message_send.Php is not working in v 4.0.3 ??

3 Mar 01, 2011 20:21

The problem is that previously, I was copying the source code for the Contact Form, modifying it to fit my needs, and dropping it into a post. Example: http://fairjustice.net/index.php/Contact/ Now, with the new v4, this doesn't work. Tilqicom suggested maybe making a plugin to allow for custom form building within b2 - this seems like an excellent idea. As it stands, the only way to use the contact form easily is to add it as a widget but this doesn't leave any room for easy customization of the form itself, or the rest of the page it's displayed on.

4 Mar 01, 2011 22:03

i could create a contact form plugin, but it would be really ineffective as i do not know how to make use of b2's core functions when dealing with forms.

but again, the bundled contact form is not designed to be used multiple times or to be multi-recipient or multi anything.It's basically a form to contact the blog owner as it explains.So, i'd suggest you'd stop trying manipulating it (:

5 Mar 03, 2011 19:43

How about this: Do you see a problem with just pulling the old message_send.php file, renaming it message_send2.php - copying it over to my v4 install, and changing my "cut-and-pasted" form to use it instead of the v4 message_send.php file? That way the new v4 message_send.php isn't affected and the only thing using the message_send2.php file is my hacked form...

Form is loading...