Recent Topics

1 Feb 13, 2011 11:50    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.3

While attempting to make a backup of my blog, I was given an error that stated what it says in the title, that the maintenance file can't be created.

Here's the exact message as it appeared:

Switching to maintenance mode...

Unable to switch maintenance mode. Maintenance file can't be created: «maintenance.html»

Switching out of maintenance mode...

So for some reason, it cannot enter Maintenance mode to perform the backup. Yes, there is an option to disable entering Maintenance mode to do so, but I'd like to know why this is happening.

I'm testing the software on my personal computer at present, using Xampp's packaged server programs.
Apache/2.2.14 (Win32)
DAV/2
mod_ssl/2.2.14
OpenSSL/0.9.8l mod_autoindex_color
PHP/5.3.1 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1
mod_perl/2.0.4
Perl/v5.10.1

I would very much like to figure this out before the site goes live on my designated server so that if it is something within the settings of the server itself I can contact the host and make the appropriate arrangements.

Thank you for your time and whatever help you can provide.

2 Feb 13, 2011 14:44

It almost has to be a file permissions issue of some kind if the maintenance.html file can't be created in the conf directory. The user that PHP runs as would need create/modify/delete(?) permissions for that directory, I'm guessing.

It shouldn't be a problem on your production server if you're utilizing suPHP or suExec.

Form is loading...