Recent Topics

1 Apr 13, 2011 01:29    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Please bear with me as I'm VERY new to using b2evolution. :)

I'm getting tons of trackback spam and don't know what else to do to block it.

I've installed and enabled the Basic Anti-Spam plugin, and unchecked its "Allow non-registered visitors to leave comments."

From within b2e I've allowed registration and comments, but required e-mail validation.

In .htaccess, I've blocked the specific IP address that had been 100% responsible for the spam...until I blocked it, and now another IP address is doing it, so that's obviously not the way to go. :(

So, what am I missing? I DON'T want to block the ability of actual interested people to post comments, but I'm sick of the spam. How do I stop it?

4.0.5 released on 03/23/11, on Linux/Apache.

2 Apr 19, 2011 09:07

No thoughts on this, eh?

I don't get it. When *I* visit my blog as a visitor, there is *NO* way for me to post; it says plain as day "Comments are not allowed from anonymous visitors." So how do the spammers do it?

Just to clarify, I'm receiving e-mail notification of these attempted trackback posts. Since I'm moderating them, they're never actually getting posted. But the point is, HOW are the spammers even able to get past the "Comments are not allowed from anonymous visitors" issue? I don't WANT to be receiving e-mail notifications of spam messages that shouldn't be allowed to be created in the first place. What else can I do to stop this? Like I said, *I* can't find a way to create feedback when I visit as a visitor, so how are the spammers doing it?

3 Apr 24, 2011 00:17

I am new too bro. Trying to figure out how the b2e system works. If I find anything on the trackbacks I will let you know. If you find out an answer give me a shout.

4 Apr 24, 2011 22:48

It's a mystery to me, Sky. I don't get how spammers are able to post when *I* can't see a way to do it when I visit my blog as a visitor. HOW do they do it? And like I said, even though they're not ending up getting posted--since I'm moderating them--it still bothers me that these comments can be made in the first place. Obviously, there's some fluke somewhere...I just wish I knew where so I could block it. I don't want to be bothered moderating spam that shouldn't have been possible to create in the first place!

5 Apr 24, 2011 23:53

Can you link me your blog so I can see whats going on? I am pretty smart with the internet. I could probably look at what you got setup and see whats going on. Have you ever in your life flamed or attacked anyone on your blog? Or got into any heated discussions?

EDIT: If your websites is got any adult content, or link to viruses on it, I wont be able to help. But I would like to help you if its a business or some kind of regular blog with no adult content or link to viruses. God Bless.

6 Apr 25, 2011 08:29

Trackbacks != comments, check your blog settings for trackbacks ;)

¥

Form is loading...