Recent Topics

1 Apr 19, 2011 05:19    

My b2evolution Version: 4.05

Hi, I'm running b2 vs 4.0.5 - freshly installed and can't seem to find the post scheduling options. (viewing in Google Chrome but that shouldn't make a difference for this)

I've read the following: http://manual.b2evolution.net/Write_tab but don't see a timestamp checkbox or other options listed when I'm trying to write a new post. (neither on the simple or expert tab). What really bugs me is I remember seeing this a few days ago in an older b2 install on a different website but now on a fresh install with the latest code I can't find it.

Thanks for any assistance.

2 Apr 19, 2011 22:30

Well it looks like this was solved by selecting "enable workflow" in the blog settings for that particular blog.

Use workflow: This will notably turn on the Tracker tab in the Posts view.

I would have no idea from reading that that the option could enable/disable scheduling. Lucky click I guess.

My mistake - sorry for the confusion but I had two b2 evolution windows open in different browsers. One logged in as the admin user, one logged in as a user with owner privileges for the blog I'm trying to edit. When logged in as admin the scheduling options are there but when logged in as the blog owner those scheduling options are not there.

As admin when trying to post: "issue date" shows in the properties box on the right when on the expert tab, and at the bottom of the page when on the simple tab

As blow owner when trying to post: "issue date" is not present whether on simple or expert tab.

My question:
How can I enable post scheduling for the blog owner?
Thanks

3 Apr 19, 2011 23:15

Alright, solved.

The blog owner must be given an admin level of 5 for the post scheduling options to show up when you click on the write tab.

Despite being given a check on all individual custom permissions that could be assigned to the user they were not able to see the scheduling feature until their level reached level 5.

Better level up everybody.

4 Apr 20, 2011 21:31

Thanks for the updates.

Form is loading...