Recent Topics

1 Jun 15, 2011 10:56    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've recently loaded b2 onto a social club web site inside an [url=http://bramstoncanoeclub.org/site/blog.html] iframe [/url] which works well. I have a few basic questions which I'm sure are just my ignorance.

In the dahboard tools system some recomendations are made but I can not find the relevant switches.
Delete the install file! Simply go into my directory, find the file and deletet it?
Turn off, php allow_url_include, php allow_url_fopen, php magic_quotes. How! Where?

Google often go's stright to the blog rather than the main site. I would like to place a link in the side bar to take the user back to the home page of the main web site. How?
I loaded the link blog widget, but when I hit the new button I go to a posting page (similar to the one that I'm writing on now) which loads to the main blog not creating a side bar link.

Finaly not desparate but for the sake of neatness I would like to remove the header bar. How do I do this?

Thanks any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

2 Jun 15, 2011 18:22

Welcome to the forums!

Delete the install file! Simply go into my directory, find the file and deletet it?

Delete installation directory ex. /public_html/b2blog/install/

Turn off, php allow_url_include, php allow_url_fopen, php magic_quotes. How! Where?

Add these to .htaccess file in /b2blog/ directory. Rename the sample.htaccess file if you don't have any yet.

php_flag  allow_url_include  off
php_flag  allow_url_fopen  off
php_flag  magic_quotes  off

Google often go's stright to the blog rather than the main site. I would like to place a link in the side bar to take the user back to the home page of the main web site. How?

Blog settings > Widgets > add widget "Free HTML" to "Sidebar" container, add a link there.

I loaded the link blog widget, but when I hit the new button I go to a posting page (similar to the one that I'm writing on now) which loads to the main blog not creating a side bar link.

You must have a standalone link blog where you create posts and put some url into "Link to URL" filed. You can rather use Free HTML widget and put your links there.

Finaly not desparate but for the sake of neatness I would like to remove the header bar. How do I do this?

Open /public_html/b2blog/skins/pyrmont/styles.css and add this to the very bottom

#header { display:none }

3 Jun 16, 2011 21:45

Thank you for your help, mostly done. Still can't get a link bag to the home page but not to worry.

Peter

Form is loading...