Recent Topics

1 Jun 16, 2011 21:55    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

The index page for elliottharris.com only shows this message:

This is b2evolution version 3.3.3.
You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.
Database schema is not up to date!
You have schema version «10000», but we would need «9960».
Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.
On most installations, the installer will probably be either here or here... (but I can't be sure since I have no config info available! :P)

If I click the first "here" and then click "upgrade" on the list of options I get this message;

Upgrading data in existing b2evolution database...

Loading: _core/model/__core.install.php
Loading: sessions/model/_sessions.install.php
Checking DB schema version... 10000 :

An unexpected error has occurred!

If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:

This version is too recent! We cannot downgrade to the version you are trying to install.

So, what's going wrong?

2 Jun 20, 2011 19:49

Okay, I see the basic problem. For some reason it keeps defaulting to installer for version 3.3.3, but I'm trying to install 4.0.5. So how do I fix this?

3 Jun 20, 2011 22:46

Welcome to the forums!

Your blogs are here http://elliottharris.com/blogs/
Seems like you had blogs in website root before, then you uploaded "blogs" directory with b2evo 4.0.5 and ran the upgrade process.

Now you have both files from b2evo 3 and 4. This is what you may want to do:

1. create a backup directory for b2evo 3 files in website root, e.g. /public_html/b2evo3_bak/

2. move all b2evo 3 files and folders from /public_html/ to /public_html/b2evo3_bak/

3. then move b2evo 4 files from /public_html/blogs/ to domain root /public_htm/

4. [*] You will also need to edit $basedir var in /conf/_basic_config.php[/list:o]

4 Jun 21, 2011 21:58

Nope.

Preparing to install .htaccess ... Already installed.

Upgrading data in existing b2evolution database...

Loading module: _core/model/__core.install.php
Loading module: collections/model/_collections.install.php
Loading module: files/model/_files.install.php
Loading module: sessions/model/_sessions.install.php
Loading module: messaging/model/_messaging.install.php
Loading module: maintenance/model/_maintenance.install.php
Checking DB schema version...

OOPS! b2evolution doesn't seem to be installed yet.

5 Jun 23, 2011 09:50

Have you already moved v4 to domain root? Make sure you entered correct database credentials including table prefix.

6 Jun 23, 2011 12:52

Yes, v4 is in domain root and when I select upgrade it shows that the data bases and all other info are correct.

7 Jun 23, 2011 18:56

How about table prefix, it really "evo_" ?
B2evolution cannot find any existing tables in your database. That's why I'm asking if you have different table prefix (or database name).

8 Jun 23, 2011 19:43

I changed it to wwwelli_ which is correct but still get the same error message. If I do a clean install of a new blog can I reload all the old stuff and databases?

9 Jun 23, 2011 20:35

Can you PM me your FTP login and password?

11 Jun 24, 2011 23:22

I did. Will check it tonight.

13 Jun 25, 2011 16:46

Your files are ok, you did everything right. The problem is that there are a lot of only empty tables in the database.

I assume you have a backup of your 3.x database. Remove all tables from existing database and import a backup of b2evo 3 database there. Then do the upgrade as usual.

14 Jun 25, 2011 17:10

Would that were true. I was able to salvage a bunch of files in /public_html/_bak_3-0/, I did not get to access the data bases before I tried to do an upgrade. I know, you can tell at me later. This is what happens when the client wants something done in an hour. So, any other ideas?

15 Jun 25, 2011 18:16

See if your host has a backup

16 Jun 25, 2011 18:41

Nope. They only provide back ups if I pay $15 a month. I would have paid the fee had I known about it.

17 Jun 25, 2011 22:10

Sorry to hear that. You should always make backups before upgrade.

18 Jun 25, 2011 22:30

Okay, since we can't go back in time, what would happen if installed a clean new site with a new data base? Is there any way to import what I have in the other data base into it?

19 Jun 25, 2011 23:50

There's no data that you can use, the database is empty. You can view the tables in phpmyadmin.

20 Jun 26, 2011 12:24

Well, then, we'll start clean. Thanks.

Form is loading...