Recent Topics

1 Jul 27, 2011 22:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Is there any way to "completetly" disable the whole statistics thing ?

Because there seems to be direct relation between the times my statistics table grows large and my vps' likeliness to go down

2 Jul 28, 2011 02:55

Add this in /conf/hacks.php

$Hit->logged = true;

If you are using b2evo 4 you will need to enable hacks.php first by adding this var in any config file

$use_hacks = true;

4 Jul 29, 2011 00:28

sam2kb wrote:

BTW have you seen this thread?
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=22565

The only workaround I found is to break the hitlog table on partitions by day. And then add new and prune old partitions (not individual rows) on schedule.

actually i havent. i took a quick look at the topic, remembering good old ¥åßßå once again.. :(

apart from that, i did not get much idea from that topic on what to do exactly, i guess i will move on with disabling stats.

PS: i ve been meaning to upgrade, but i ve been waiting for 4.1 and it hasnt arrived. i am still on 4.0.3 , could this be a problematic version ?

5 Jul 29, 2011 01:25

4.0.3 , could this be a problematic version

The bugs it has are not related to your problems. I believe it's safe to wait for 4.1, and it would be the best b2evo version ever seen B)

The main idea of that thread was to figure out how to make mysql server efficiently delete millions of rows. The only solution that is relatively easy yet very effective is to partition tables by days, e.g. one day - one mysql partition. So once a day mysql will [u]delete 1 partition[/u] (file) instead of [u]millions of rows[/u].

6 Jul 31, 2011 02:28

sam2kb wrote:

$Hit->logged = true;

If you are using b2evo 4 you will need to enable hacks.php first by adding this var in any config file

$use_hacks = true;

I just did like you said:
First opened basic.config.php and added use_hacks = true to it.
After that i created a hacks.php file and uploaded into /conf directory with $Hit->logged = true; in it.

But b2 is still recording hits.

7 Sep 07, 2011 10:24

sam2kb wrote:

$Hit->logged = true;

$use_hacks = true;

I'm curious. Why does it log, what does the logging do, and where can we see it? The only time I see it is when in the dashboard, I see the "Remove old hits and sessions" task.

8 Sep 07, 2011 19:14

Why does it log, what does the logging do, and where can we see it?

Have you seen the "Stats" menu button in backoffice? ;)

Form is loading...