Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2011 17:52    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hello!
For starters, some background info.

I am a new user that has been handed down an old website to update for my university's club frisbee team. Here is our website:
http://www.ultimate.neu.edu/men/newsite/blogs/
and it runs b2evolution 2.4.2

And now my problem.
I've been trying to write new posts but every time I publish the post, only the title, the author, the post time, and the post location is visible. However, the actual meat of the post is not. This also happens when I try to edit older posts.

I understand that the version is extremely outdated but because I've been handed down the website and don't really know where all the files are, I'm afraid to mess everything up. I was also able to post several months ago without a problem. Please help!

Thanks!

2 lxsparks Aug 31, 2011 18:18

lxsparks

Hi,

I can't remember what that version (2.4.2) had for posting but by any chance are you editing your posts in wysiwyg view and using IE browser?

Myself and a friend cannot edit or create posts since IE8 (I think) - all works fine if you write/edit in HTML. I don't have this problem in Firefox or Chrome - so if you are using IE try it in a different browser.

Matthew.

3 Aug 31, 2011 20:23

b2evolution includes an old version of tinyMCE WYSIWYG editor (tinymce.moxiecode.org) which is not compatible with the newer versions of Internet Explorer.

You should be able to update tinyMCE to the latest version manually which should fix the problem with IE. But remember to backup the original tinyMCE folder first.

tinyMCe source files are located at:
plugins/tinymce_plugin/tiny_mce

4 Aug 31, 2011 20:51

I use Chrome. Thanks for the help guys! Turns out the problem was a bad plugin. I just turned off the "Auto Links" plugin and then it started working fine.

5 lxsparks Sep 01, 2011 11:56

lxsparks

Hi Hypocrite,

I downloaded the latest version (3.4.4) and copied the files across, this hasn't solved the issues with IE though.

Apart from copying new files across and re-installing the plugin, is there anything else that needs changing like the file _tinymce.plugin.php?

6 Sep 02, 2011 18:29

No, at least I didn't have to change anything.

You can try to find if there are any errors when editing your post with Internet Explorer.

To look for errors:
1. Click on the Tools menu (Alt-X) while on the edit page in b2evo.
2. Open Developer Tools
3. Select the Script tab.
4. Now refresh the page to activate the tools and see if you get any JS errors.

Also remember to both with Compatibility view on and off. Some errors show up only in the other.

Also try to empty your cache so that you are certain that the plugin is using the latest files. You could also try to reload it from the admin panel.

7 lxsparks Sep 03, 2011 21:46

lxsparks

Hi,
Found the problem you do have to edit the file: _tinymce.plugin.php to update the version of the script your using.

It now works!

Thanks for your help :o)

Form is loading...