Recent Topics

1 Nov 05, 2011 00:02    

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I've been having this problem lately. Doing a cvs update works until it reaches this:
cvs update: [time] waiting for anoncvs_evocms's lock in /cvsroot/evocms/b2evolution/blogs/locales/da_DK/LC_MESSAGES

It keeps trying, with no success. According to my Google searches, it's a server-side problem, so perhaps you guys can have some luck fixing that. Thanks.

2 Nov 17, 2011 02:52

SourceForge CVS is a hell, it was breaking too often.
We dropped it in favor of SVN repository with limited access.

3 Nov 18, 2011 16:17

It's not SourceForge's fault that CVS is a hell.
Closed SVN is even worse now.. :(

Have you imported the history at least?

Can I have read access to keep my Git mirror in sync?

5 Nov 18, 2011 16:35

I'm not the one who can answer these questions ;)
Please contact fplangue directly

6 Nov 18, 2011 20:08

You should be able to say if the history has been imported (which means that the CVS repo has been converted), e.g. by looking at the SVN log.

7 Nov 18, 2011 20:24

AFAIK it has not been converted since we couldn't get a clean copy from CVS, change logs in files were kept though.
Again, please talk to Francois for details.

8 Nov 21, 2011 03:35

blueyed wrote:

It's not SourceForge's fault that CVS is a hell.
Closed SVN is even worse now.. :(

You're telling me. I converted my SourceForge project to SVN once and I had nothing but problems until the whole repo stopped working. I promptly went back to CVS. I'm considering going to git, but I don't like making everyone download the whole repository (working on the unlikely assumption that anyone actually downloads my program's source code).

9 Nov 21, 2011 22:56

@zooplah: what's the problem with downloading compressed history? It's not that much overhead and if someone really is concerned about having not some more megabytes for comfort, there's the possibility of a lightweight checkout (with less history or none at all).
You can still provide just zipped sourcecode snapshots (tarballs), too.. :/ (this is what b2evo currently does).

Form is loading...