Recent Topics

1 Nov 26, 2011 15:55    

My b2evolution Version: 3.x

Hello,

I have recently downloaded b2evolution to add a blog to my established website. Everything seems to be fine now but when attempting to add any images to a blog post it is only showing a red cross. If you click on this you get to the image but the smaller version does not show. When right clicking on the image it says the location of the image is: http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/media/blogs/news/.evocache/news004a.jpg/fit-400x320.jpg - is the .evocache the problem or is it something else? Any help would be most appreciated but please try to keep it simple so I can try and understand!!!

Version: 3.3.1
URL: http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news

Many Thanks,

Gareth

2 Nov 27, 2011 05:54

Welcome to the forums!

There is a chance that your server blocks access to folders starting with a dot like .evocache

Try to upgrade to v4.1.2 where you can change cache folders name to _evocache. You may also want to talk to your hosting support

3 Dec 06, 2011 21:05

OK, I have upgraded to the latest version but I am still getting the same issue. The image shows the first time but only the first time, every time after that it is just showing the red cross instead of the image.

If I need to contact my hosting support what do I actually need to ask them as they say all support for b2evolution should be through b2evolution as opposed to them.

Thanks in advance again!

Gareth

4 Dec 06, 2011 22:59

Go to Files > Settings, scroll to the bottom and select "Use _evocache directories"

5 Dec 07, 2011 09:51

Yes I have done that but still no luck.

7 Dec 08, 2011 21:41

All permissions are identical as are the group/owner for all _evocache folders and yet the thumbnail image is still not showing up. It still shows the very first time but as soon as the page is reloaded it disappears once again.

Sorry to be a pain but any other ideas as to what is causing this issue?

(Is the fact that there is a message on the system status page saying that the post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize anything to do with this?)

Gareth

8 May 25, 2012 16:08

I am having the same issue here...

9 May 25, 2012 16:18

It appears the resized and cropped thumbnails are not being written to the _evocache folder. I can upload images to the server just fine, but the image's corresponding _evocache folder is empty. How can I fix this? I believe this is the problem.

10 Nov 05, 2012 03:55

Same here.
I tried

_evocache instead of .evocache remove htaccess all /media and cache are 777 (if 755, give permission error on system page) Error listed on system page: PHP post_max_size doit ĂȘtre plus grand que upload_max_filesize [/list:u] No idea what to do. It works on my local computer but after transfering on webserver, I can't see any thumbnails. What can I do else? Thanks Mel

Form is loading...