Recent Topics

1 Dec 27, 2011 20:04    

My b2evolution Version: 3.x

Our site was blocked by our ISP because it was taking too many resources. The culprit from both their records and the logs seemed to be index.php.

I have now just deleted everything, installed the latest 4.1 version and hope this will resolve matters. (still got the problem of reinstalling the backed up table data tho!)

Does anyone have any idea why index.php should do this and will this reoccur with the new version?

2 Dec 27, 2011 20:41

Welcome to the forums!

index.php is just a stub file, all requests to your blog go through it. How big is your website, how many hits do you get a day? What is your hosting company?

In v4 you can enable page cache on Blog settings > Advanced page, this will dramatically lower server load.

3 Jan 05, 2012 23:06

Back now christmas is over!

The site is based on UK2.net and the problems seemed to be with processor cycles as much as anything (disk space is theoreticallyl infinite).

I have installed 4.1.2 but it is now without blogs as I cannot seem to install the old blog info using phpmyadmin.

First the import kept telling me that there was a key conflict in the anit-spam table.. I emptied (truncated) the table on the server but the import will now not complete because the old tables (3.3.3) have a different structure in the blog table with additional columns.

I presume I have made a dog's breakfast of it somewhere but do not know how to proceed short of some risky editing of the backups.

4 Jan 05, 2012 23:38

Just checked - one additional line blog_allowcomments with a not null default of post by post.

I can create this in the 4.1.2 table but will this throw everything else out?

Form is loading...