Recent Topics

1 Dec 26, 2011 00:27    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

I am managing a multi-author blog and we are looking for a feature documenting and linking authors/their post similar as tags would do.

In the specific case categories and tags unfortunately are already used for other information and we don't want mix the authors in any of the two. We were wondering if it would be possible to add a second tag-layer, which would allow to navigate independently from the other two (and post a taglist2 or tagcloud2 in the sidebar)?

Or is there another way of solving our problem? Maybe i have not searched long enough and a solution is already available.

ah, forgot: talking about a pixelgreen-skin-derivate

2 Dec 27, 2011 20:51

You can probably use custom post fields for that. You can find them on Blog settings > Features > Custom field names

You will need to edit the tag cloud widget to display posts grouped by custom field. There's even a way to display all posts "tagged" with some custom field and browse through them.

All listed above require some widget and skin changes.

3 Dec 30, 2011 22:38

thanks, this helps ... seems to kill a more ambitious vision. i had hoped there would be a solution that could be applied also easily to other skins.

There's even a way to display all posts "tagged" with some custom field and browse through them.

if you have this in mind, would you remember a blog/skin that has already implemented something along this idea?

All listed above require some widget and skin changes.

We don't mind this work, but i hate organizing it for a one blog/skin need and not being able to apply with several skins.

4 Dec 31, 2011 05:04

The interface for your custom "tags" will be global, not linked to any particular blog or skin. It's also possible to share same custom fields (tags) between multiple blogs.

I don't think anyone tried this before.

Also you can probably use my "Custom Fields" plugin. It allows you to add new fields to posts and blogs.

Form is loading...