Recent Topics

1 Feb 22, 2012 03:41    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

I installed b2evolution several weeks ago and successfully added several widgets and several posts. I didn't log in for about 2 weeks and when I tried today instead of the window to log in with user name and password, I received the following error message:

MySQL error!
Error establishing a database connection!

During the week or so that I didn't log in, I installed ZenPhoto on the Netfirms server. I edited the php.ini file but was very careful that the only change I made was to turn magic_quotes off which was required by ZenPhoto.

In the process of playing around with MySQL, I also added another user to the b2evolution database and then deleted that user. But I can see that the user that remains is the user name that I recorded the day I installed b2evolution.

b2evolution-4.1.2-stable-2011-11-02
http://donnabrunet.com/blogs/

2 Feb 22, 2012 16:44

Welcome to the forums!

You get the error because mysql user has changed.

Access denied for user 'diptera'@'boscgi4402.eigbox.net'

3 Feb 22, 2012 17:09

Thanks - I have no idea how I accidentally changed it but I just changed the password to what I thought it already was and everything is working.

Thanks again,
Donna

4 Feb 22, 2012 18:00

Soon after I fixed b2evolution, ZenPhoto stopped working. Now I realize that the problem is that I used the same user name for both MySQL databases so that when the password for that user name is changed for the b2evolution database it changes the password for the ZenPhoto database.

I tried to fix this by adding a new user for the b2evolution database and then editing ...conf/_basic_config.php to have the new user name and password for the database. But it didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Donna

5 Feb 23, 2012 16:22

Sorry - my first instinct on how to change my user name and password was correct - just had a typo.

Replacing the old user name and password with the new ones in conf/_basic_config.php worked. I also now know that I either should not use the same user name for more than one database or to at least make sure that the password for both is the same.

Form is loading...