Recent Topics

1 Mar 12, 2012 23:05    

My b2evolution Version: 4.0.5

Sadly, I noticed 3 spams that got through last week... okay, no big deal and erased them. Didn't think too much of it because when I installed the numeric ReCaptcha before the upgrade a few got through and didn't have any problems afterward.

Well, this doesn't seem to be the case with the Google one which is suppose to be the 'best'. I checked to see how other bloggers are doing and noticed that there are 24 spams originating from China, but b2evo doesn't recognize it as spam (SPAM KARMA 0%). 8| For a short moment, I got paranoid thinking that the plug-in wasn't working or not installed in comments, but this isn't the case.

Anyone else noticing spam within their blogs from the weekend? I do believe that this is a robot, but who knows, perhaps some guy in China got bored and hand picked different blogs???? Either case this is annoying and I want to nip it before this gets out of control, if possible. Suggestions?

Also, how do I globally disable the url box in comments. I suspect that this might be a magnet catcher for robots or potential evil doers :> who have nothing to do in life. Too bad there isn't an added plug-in with a barking dog or shark attack feature after 2-3 comments from the same IP and email! lol!

Thanks for any suggestions.

2 Mar 13, 2012 02:15

I was going to post a topic about this.

I notice quite a lot of spams lately too. Recently upgraded my blogs from V405 to V413. The number of spams have declined since upgraded to V405, but spams keep coming since upgrading to V413, and I thought it could be related to V4.1 series?

I don't know if there's a global config to disable URL box, but personally I doubt it will stop spams. They can still enter URLs in the message if they want to.

3 Mar 13, 2012 03:28

There's an option to disable URL field. You can also set "Feedback sensitivity to links" setting to 0 in Basic antispam plugin to reject all comments that have links or URLs in the text

You get spam through capthcha because it submitted by real people

4 Mar 13, 2012 03:30

there was a bug in v4.0.5, the system was randomly rejecting comments if page cache was enabled.

5 Mar 13, 2012 03:53

Okay, good to know and I'll try your suggestion. My wish, though, would be to have a check box for Admin to make that url area optional.

"You get spam through capthcha because it submitted by real people"

Seriously? Sheesh, these people need to get a life! So, there is absolutely no way that some 'genius' cracked the ReCaptcha code for spam?

"there was a bug in v4.0.5, the system was randomly rejecting comments if page cache was enabled."

You said 'was' -- does this mean that the bug has been fixed, because as you know I had upgraded about 2 months ago from 2x (many problems).

Form is loading...