Recent Topics

1 Sep 19, 2004 09:04    

When I tried the "Lost password " to sned a email, I got the message "The email could not be sent. Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function..."

But I can send emails with outlook. So I'm confuesed with the problem.

Could you tell me how to deal with it if you knew/got it before ?

Thanks in advance!

2 Sep 19, 2004 13:03

the mail()-function is a function of php. it has nothing in common with the mailfunction of your mailprogram.

just write a mail to your host and ask him why the mail() in php is disabled.

3 Sep 20, 2004 06:41

Thanks for Kiesow.

I forgot to mention sth. that I installed b2evolution on my NB. The following note is the enviroment of the system.
Windows XP + IIS + PHP4 + Mysql

I'm not sure whether I need to change the the default config of _advanced.php to new.

about this
============================
$mailserver_url = 'mail.example.com';
$mailserver_login = 'login@example.com';
$mailserver_pass = 'password';
$mailserver_port = 110
if I wanted to enable the mail() function, would I need to change the default config? if no, where config do I need to set?

Thank you again!

4 Sep 20, 2004 12:22

blog101 wrote:

I'm not sure whether I need to change the the default config of _advanced.php to new.

about this
$mailserver_url = 'mail.example.com';
$mailserver_login = 'login@example.com';
$mailserver_pass = 'password';
$mailserver_port = 110
if I wanted to enable the mail() function, would I need to change the default config? if no, where config do I need to set?

i told you, that mail() is a function of php. so if there are problems, it's a pure php problem, nothing in b2evo.
so there's NO need to change anything in b2evo - btw it's not possible to change anything in b2evo to make mail() work...

the extract of _advanced.php you copied deals with

// ** Configuration for htsrv/getmail.php **
// (skip this if you don't intend to blog via email)

got the point?

your problem is somewhere between IIS and php4.
mainly you have to open your php.ini and check the mail-configuration

most of you people wouldn't have any problems if you would use apache on win instead of IIS...
just my 2 cents...

5 Sep 20, 2004 14:22

I recommend Yellowtip Server. It auto installs apache and phpmyadmin, along with a really old version of b2evo... :roll:

6 Sep 20, 2004 14:36

Thanks Kiesow for taking a care to help me solve the problem. :D

I found out the following config in php.ini, and set mine, and then the problem is disappeared.
=========================
[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = localhost

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = your@email.address
=========================

And follow your advice, I think Apache is wonderful for PHP + Mysql. just I have to run both PHP and ASP, so I have no choice but to take the solution of mine at present. :-/

Form is loading...