Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2012 03:14    

My b2evolution Version: 3.x

I get this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /blogs/admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I click save at the bottom of my Blog Settings>Features page

Any help?

2 Mar 21, 2012 05:27

It's the freaking mod_security module in Apache. I can't believe it's still not fixed after several years. Ask your host to disable it for you.

4 Mar 22, 2012 05:46

No, you need to disable mod_security

5 Mar 22, 2012 05:53

So will this be resolved with the next version or will we always need our host to disable the mod_security rule?

6 Mar 22, 2012 10:12

It's not the app's fault that some third party tool breaks it. AFAIK mod_security blocks all requests with "whatever=http" string in URLs, that's just stupid.

7 Mar 22, 2012 20:01

well, my host just whitelisted the same rule we had a problem with last time and I'm still getting the error... suggestions?

***UPDATE***

This appears to be worse than previously thought. Not only can I not save in the Blog Preferences page but I also can't switch to Expert mode in the post edit screen...major suxor.

Please help!

8 Apr 13, 2012 03:36

Ethan5150 wrote:

well, my host just whitelisted the same rule we had a problem with last time and I'm still getting the error... suggestions?

***UPDATE***

This appears to be worse than previously thought. Not only can I not save in the Blog Preferences page but I also can't switch to Expert mode in the post edit screen...major suxor.

Please help!

Switch to a better host whose server security doesnt rely on mod_security P:

On the other hand, mod_security is widely use by over-protective, limiting web hosts.
Have you been able to find a solution to this

9 Apr 29, 2012 22:30

Looks like they were able to determine which mod_security rule was getting tripped and they disabled it. So far so good...

Form is loading...