Recent Topics

1 Mar 22, 2012 14:40    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

I just installed a fresh version and well How do I log in, or I mean what do I use to log in with. I see the admin user name in the db table. How ever it didn't tell me what password to use. I tried using admin and password and nothing will work. Any one have some ideas.

UPDATE: I all so fount of that for some reason I can't rename the sample.htaccess file to .htaccess. It tells me I have to give it a file name. and This is in Windows XP Pro.

Joe

2 Mar 23, 2012 13:21

Yes you must upload sample.htaccess to a web server, change the file name there to .htaccess and download it again.Xp doesnt allow empty filename.

You must be given your admin credentials after install.b2 doesnt allow you to define your own admin password during install, it creates a random one for you.

So if you have skipped without writing it down, see here:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=13945

to reset your pw

3 Mar 23, 2012 14:25

See that's just it. I never saw any thing. It didn't display the admin name and password at all. and if windows xp doesn't allow name changes. Then the .htaccess file can never be changed.

The othe rproblem I had was I couldn't get the newest version to install. I had to install one version lower. and after the install. It was missing all the links on the pages. I had to go in and setup every thing by hand

4 Mar 24, 2012 03:17

Don't use automated installers like fantastico, instead download a zip file and follow instructions to instal the app.

You don't need .htaccess files on IIS, they are only for Apache

5 Mar 24, 2012 04:11

sam2kb wrote:

Don't use automated installers like fantastico, instead download a zip file and follow instructions to instal the app.

You don't need .htaccess files on IIS, they are only for Apache

Well I am using apache. So I guess you got a little lost here. The problem I'm having is that the installer didn't make the change to the .htaccess file. I guess it doesn't matter sense it's running. Or as soon as I can get the part of my internet running again.

It's just that I couldn't get the newest version to install. I had to install one version lower. and after the install completed. All my menu items and the header info was missing. So I think I got most of it put back together. I hope. Thanks for your info.

Form is loading...