Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2012 01:40    

I am encountering this error, which is preventing the blog from displaying:

Undefined variable: inc_path in /home/<user>/public_html/index.php

It is being caused by these lines in index.php:

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';
require_once $inc_path.'_main.inc.php';

I don't understand how this suddenly broke. Can someone explain what must be done to get the "$inc_path" variable initialized?

Because this is the INDEX.PHP file, the lines above are the first lines of code, following comments, I don't understand how the REQUIRE statement is finding the _CONFIG.PHP file.

Thank you!

---Michael

2 Apr 04, 2012 05:34

Make sure both index.php and /conf folder located in the same directory. If not, you will need to edit path to the /conf dir.

3 Apr 04, 2012 06:39

Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it!

I discovered and corrected the problem. Our blog uses modified code to include it as part of our site's framework. The site uses library code from a common account, by mapping the CGI-BIN ScriptAlias path in HTTPD.CONF to the common folder.

Earlier today, a new account on our server was created, which updates the HTTPD.CONF file. This update reset the ScriptAlias path back to the original path. Because the framework could not be rendered, the blog did its best to report the problem.

Anyway, the blog works now. If you're interested in seeing how it fits in the framework, it can be seen [url=http://www.ReynoldsOffice.com]here[/url].

---Michael

Form is loading...