Recent Topics

1 Apr 16, 2012 23:11    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Hi:

I'm using the latest and greatest....4.1.4.
A week before upgraded from 4.0.5, I noticed that comments for publishing stopped functioning. The only way to publish was for someone to go into Edit and toggle the Publish feature with a save. I had figured with the upgrade that it would be worked out.... apparently not. :(

BTW, when SPAM increased [no longer have the problem] for some reason the comment, deleting, and antispam buttons all stopped functioning. It was as if someone had disabled them and everything had to be done manually. I had to copy all the urls into Antispam to catch where they were located and then ban the offender. An annoying process. :roll: Since I haven't had any SPAM since the upgrade, I have no idea if the button works or not. I'm assuming that it doesn't function because publishing comments doesn't work.

How can this get fixed?

Thanks

2 Apr 16, 2012 23:22

One other note that I forgot to mention... the count of post views in Admin doesn't work anymore as it use to, particularly for private blogs. I've doubled checked to see if it is ticked, and it is!

3 Apr 17, 2012 04:48

BTW, when SPAM increased [no longer have the problem] for some reason the comment, deleting, and antispam buttons all stopped functioning

Those button now use javascript. Most likely all you had to do is force-refresh the page with CTRL+F5

the count of post views in Admin doesn't work anymore as it use to, particularly for private blogs

I'll check that. Moving to bug reports...

4 Apr 17, 2012 05:19

CTRL+F5 didn't work. Any other suggestions?

5 Apr 17, 2012 07:21

Can you create another admin user and PM me the password so I can take a look at the errors you found? It's hard for me to guess what's going wrong.

6 Apr 18, 2012 03:26

You had an old textarea resize plugin which was breaking javascript in backoffice. I disabled it. All buttons are working now.

As of post views in backoffice, find and uncomment the following in /inc/items/views/_item_list_full.view.php 230

// Uncomment this in case you wnt to count view in backoffice:
/*
$Item->count_view( array(
		'allow_multiple_counts_per_page' => false,
	) );
*/

7 Apr 18, 2012 23:55

Hi Sam2kb:

Thank you.

The old plugin of the textarea resize when used in 2x worked fine. When I upgraded it became useless, but left the textarea for comments with the wrong sizing. How do I fix this? I was going to make another post on this but since you brought it up.... I'm asking. :)

8 Apr 19, 2012 06:37

Have you tried to open backoffice in another browser? Clear cookies associated with that domain.

9 Apr 19, 2012 07:17

Oh, sorry, this is textarea for Comments.... to resize it so that it doesn't overflow into the sidebar. I had made it larger to comment on a post and it never went back to normal size; it had changed ALL the textarea in Comments. When the blogs were upgraded the textarea didn't go back. So, how do I get this resized so that the textarea stays in the left column?

10 Apr 19, 2012 14:36

I don't see any problems with comments textarea, can you make a screenshot?
Undo your changes to feedback forms, compare the files to original skin.

12 Apr 21, 2012 00:35

As of post views in backoffice, find and uncomment the following in /inc/items/views/_item_list_full.view.php 230
PHP:
// Uncomment this in case you wnt to count view in backoffice:
/*
$Item->count_view( array(
'allow_multiple_counts_per_page' => false,
) );
*/

I uncommented the area that you suggest; however, it didn't work. This is particularly useful for private blogs to keep track. In private blogs on Admin side, it still says "No Views".

Form is loading...