Recent Topics

1 Apr 16, 2012 07:02    

Hello.

Does anyone know where I would put the code to have the link for the post open in a new page i.e. target="_new"?

Ty much.

2 Apr 17, 2012 11:08

kittenplay wrote:

Hello.
Does anyone know where I would put the code to have the link for the post open in a new page i.e. target="_new"?
Ty much.

Hello kittenplay.
First I want to stress that I'm not a "guru" in this forum. I'm just a user who spent some time trying to adapt this great tool to my need. Ok. Now to get what you asked for, I would proceed as follows:
* if you are not yet in ver 4.1.4 first upgrade
* locate the skin directory and the sub-directory for the skin that you use. Check if the file _item_content.inc is in this sub-dir. If not copy it from the main skin dir into the sub-dir.
* open the file in your skin sub-dir with a text editor. At the very beginning you will see $param = array_merge(...
* in the list of parameters locate this one : 'url_link_target' => '', // Link target attribute e.g. '_blank'
* add, as suggested in the comment, _blank (or as you wrote _new)between the 2 simple quotes.
* save

that's it ! Thanks to the programmers ! Of course every link would behave the same. I haven't seen a way to do it on a "by link" basis.

regards.
Jacques

3 Apr 18, 2012 02:19

Many thanks! Worked perfectly.

Form is loading...