Recent Topics

1 Apr 28, 2012 10:50    

Hello,

I upgraded to b2evolution 4.1.4. Now on each page I see in the source:

I'm ok tu put some credits, but in this case I think it's SPAM because it's hidden and there are a lot of links.

2 Apr 28, 2012 11:53

slamp wrote:

Hello,

I upgraded to b2evolution 4.1.4. Now on each page I see in the source:

I'm ok tu put some credits, but in this case I think it's SPAM because it's hidden and there are a lot of links.

It has nothing to do with your upgrade.
Those links are from Nivo Slider plugin and you can disable them in plugin options.

It's not "spam" when it's optional.And they are not "hidden" in a malicious behaviour, just thought they'd better be invisible not to visually bother your visitors.

3 Apr 28, 2012 13:11

just thought they'd better be invisible not to visually bother your visitors.

Google doesn't like invisible links ;)

4 Apr 28, 2012 13:12

ok thank you for the info. I removed nivo slider plugin
It's hidden because you putted it as -9999px
I have no problem to put a link back to tilqi.com

5 Apr 28, 2012 13:37

sam2kb wrote:

just thought they'd better be invisible not to visually bother your visitors.

Google doesn't like invisible links ;)

neither does the users (:

6 Apr 28, 2012 13:42

slamp wrote:

ok thank you for the info. I removed nivo slider plugin
It's hidden because you putted it as -9999px
I have no problem to put a link back to tilqi.com

You dont have to "remove" the plugin.Just go to plugin settings and uncheck "allow backlinks", checkbox.It's not necessary to have link backs to every plugin/theme/script you use.
Up and running sites should feel free to remove them all.
However many people install b2 for demonstration purposes, only to never actually use again.So long as it doesnt hurt, it's a very indirect way to help, but better than nothing.

PS: All of your images are overflowing at your blog (http://www.seven-passion.com/) ..

I guess you are using "Jquery image fit" plugin, but untill the page loads its a very ugly view.

Add a fail safe method until the image fit plugin overwrites the element style.

div.image_block img {
max-width: 100%;
height: auto;}

Speaking of which, do we really need the jquery part to fix overflowing images ? Doesnt the above hack do pretty much the same thing ? (Accept for ancient browser that does not support max-width property ? )

7 Apr 28, 2012 18:17

tilqicom wrote:

You dont have to "remove" the plugin.Just go to plugin settings and uncheck "allow backlinks", checkbox.It's not necessary to have link backs to every plugin/theme/script you use.

I will try again the plugin.

PS: All of your images are overflowing at your blog (http://www.seven-passion.com/) ..

I guess you are using "Jquery image fit" plugin, but untill the page loads its a very ugly view.

YEP :-((( I'm disapointing because thumbnail plugin is not working with version 4.x

Add a fail safe method until the image fit plugin overwrites the element style.

div.image_block img {
max-width: 100%;
height: auto;}

I will try that. Ty.

8 Apr 28, 2012 20:24

It works with the css code max-width: 100% but
a thumbnail will be better. Fast load time.

Speaking of which, do we really need the jquery part to fix overflowing images ?

I don't know

Form is loading...