Recent Topics

1 Sep 26, 2004 01:37    

If you want to add functionality to b2evo, it is strongly advised that you do so by developing a plugin rather than hacking around. Hacks need to be reapplied to each new version when upgrading. This may not even be possible if the core code changes to much. Plugins on the over hand will continue to work with little or no modification when upgrading to a new version, starting after version 0.9.2 .

We have both simplified and enhanced the plugin architecture in b2evolution 0.9.2 . It is strongly advised that you use at least version 0.9.2 for any plugin development. This version is already available through CVS, with a handlful of sample plugins.

Plugins react to 'events' in the application. Examples of events are 'AdminEndHtmlHead', 'AdminAfterPageFooter', 'DisplayToolbar', 'DisplayEditButton', etc. Those should be quite self explanatory. If not, check out the TEST plugin which echos stuff for most events.

If you need b2evo to trigger new events for your plugins, please start a new thread here with a title such as 'PLUGIN EVENT REQUEST: ...' We shall provide all needed hooks for you to develop your plugins seemlessly.

Please note (v 0.9.2):

- The plugin class name and the plugin file name MUST match.

- Plugins must be installed through the Settings::plugins before they become active.

2 Feb 14, 2005 18:52

and where can i find that test plugin?

3 Feb 14, 2005 19:56

0.9.2 has not been released yet.

4 Feb 14, 2005 20:41

You can get it from the CVS. If you can't work out how to get it, you're supposed to be on your own. That's the kind of test - if you can't get it, you probably shouldn't be using it!

5 Mar 30, 2005 21:58

Ooooh oooooh...

It's not security by obscurity, but something more fundamental...

That's brilliant. I really hope the real reason is that the code is under development and people are actually using CVS for what it's designed.

6 Mar 30, 2005 23:15

ouch, well i thought i was hard on opensource developers..

i read your post, HTML is not Code (http://nonplatonic.com/index.php/ben), where you clearly take a stab at b2evo. I have to say that regrdless of what you happen to think about b2evo OR better yet, WordPress, neither will go away because of MS or Google.

Additionally, I find it ironic that you are not only using b2evo while you bash it, but you even took the little button off your site that identifies it as such.

If opensource software could do w/o one thing -- its clearly unappreciative jackasses like yourself.

--

Im curious .. have you ever seen this website:
http://www.big-boards.com/

thats a site that tracks the largest forums on the 'net, AND the software they use to run ..

you might notice thats the largest forum listed there .. is running phpBB

7 Mar 31, 2005 01:31

btw: why does he think that MT is the only commercial blogsoftware? there is also expression engine with a lot of cool features, but it's quite expensive.

8 Mar 05, 2006 03:11

Additionally, I find it ironic that you are not only using b2evo while you bash it, but you even took the little button off your site that identifies it as such.

Yes, and every site on the web that runs apache should have a little apache gif on every page.

Wait... I don't see one on this page. You unappreciative bastards!

9 Mar 05, 2006 03:20

it took you ONE year to reply to that? And I thought I was slow ..

for what its worth, MOST hosting companies identify the software they use, especially when its Apache.

On the other hand MOST people pay for that hosting, and as such don't feel they need to identify something their host is using.

IN other words, your logic blows.

10 Jul 25, 2006 17:05

Maybe we could move the flame war out of the introductory thread?

11 Jul 25, 2006 18:24

xangelusx wrote:

Maybe we could move the flame war out of the introductory thread?

:) I think having the message 'do not piss off whoo' is a good thing to have in a intro thread ;) - i could of benifited from it back in the day :P

But maybe people should use pms for flames.... as they should ;)

Form is loading...