Recent Topics

1 Sep 01, 2012 15:27    

My b2evolution Version: 4.1.x

Well, I finally paid someone to update for me... everything seems okay, but I don't know where to start to make sure plugs in are updated, etc., and what things I have installed that might be broken.

The blogs themselves look okay, but I did notice that the menus now look like this--they won't go away:

http://i50.tinypic.com/14nixid.jpg

Any ideas? Is it just me or is this a new thing? I tried to look for settings or prefs to change it and didn't see anything.

What else should I look for? I don't have many old plugins installed--basically smileys, video, antispam...[/img]

2 Sep 02, 2012 03:24

Interestingly, they appear in Firefox 13 and Safari (on my iPhone), but not Firefox 10 or IE 9.

3 Sep 02, 2012 19:19

Your browser is using cached CSS files from older version. CTRL + F5 will fix it.

4 Sep 03, 2012 14:47

Thanks.

Any ideas on how to get comments (feedback) working again? I can leave comments when I'm logged in, but regular people can't. I've allowed everyone to post (in Settings) but they just get a blank page.

I've never had anyone create an account, though I guess I could if that was the issue.

I'm also having issues with the plugins, so maybe that has something to do with it...?

5 Sep 03, 2012 20:46

but they just get a blank page.

This means there's an error somewhere. Try switching to any default skin.

I'm also having issues with the plugins, so maybe that has something to do with it...?

Disable all plugins that were not shipped with b2evo. Can you list them?

6 Sep 05, 2012 08:53

sam2kb wrote:

but they just get a blank page.

This means there's an error somewhere. Try switching to any default skin.

Disable all plugins that were not shipped with b2evo. Can you list them?

I'm having the same issue with the comments/feedback/contact not working. When I click the "Send Feedback" link, or any other link directing me to make a comment or send a contact, all that happes is a small swirling image appears with "Form is loading..." below it.

I hope using a default skin isn't the answer. I spent too long making my blog look like I want and hate to go to a default skin. I tried the CTRL+F5 thing...didn't help. I made changes to the "style.css" file but did not edit anything pertaining to the comments sections. I did make color changes to all the images for the skin I'm using, but saved them as the same file types they originally were.

I've not fiddled with any of the plugins, so that shouldn't be an issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

7 Sep 05, 2012 09:55

My comment form is also stuck "Form is loading..." in chrome, sam2kb and i have once looked at it, but i dont remember finding a solution to it.

8 Sep 05, 2012 14:11

Disable AJAX forms on Blog settings > Advanced tab

9 Sep 05, 2012 16:40

sam2kb wrote:

Disable AJAX forms on Blog settings > Advanced tab

For some reason this is not working. I uncheck this option, but when I save the changes the box is checked again.

10 Sep 05, 2012 16:42

Ok...had to uncheck "cache rendered blog pages" (along with unchecking AJAX one) for it to work.

weird

11 Sep 05, 2012 17:18

The second box should uncheck automatically if you have javascript enabled. In fact, you need javascript for the backoffice to work properly.

12 Sep 05, 2012 18:48

Worked here, too. Thanks!

13 Sep 05, 2012 19:08

The right way to fix that issue is to use the original _html_header.inc.php file in your skin.
Compare yours to /skins/_html_header.inc.php and transfer the changes.

14 Sep 05, 2012 21:48

Ah right, now i remember i guess, only disabling ajax forms didnt work for me either.

But i cant afford to disable page caches since i have kind of huge traffic.

jstmel wrote:

Ok...had to uncheck "cache rendered blog pages" (along with unchecking AJAX one) for it to work.
weird

15 Sep 05, 2012 22:02

The my post above. You don't have to disable AJAX forms if your HTML header is up to date.

Form is loading...