Recent Topics

1 Sep 05, 2012 21:02    

Hello!

Brief history - I use HostingZoom for my website & used the cpanel feature called "Fantastico De Luxe" to install b2evo. Sadly, HZ uses v4.1.4 and I'm not sure if that might be the reason for my current problem. My site is http://momar.jstmel.com and is based off the "glossyblue" skin.

my problem - if I go from my admin area to my blog to see if changes I make take effect I am having to re-log in to admin when I try to go back. This even happens if I check my blog in a separate browser tab and then go back to admin tab.

Yesterday I was having problems getting "comments/contact" to load (was only getting swirling image with "Form is loading...") and I came across a post suggesting to disable "AJAX forms" in Blog Settings>Advanced. I was unable to disable AJAX...every time I unchecked it and hit "Save" it would be checked again. I found that I had to uncheck "page cache" in order for the AJAX one to remain disabled. Could having the "page cache" disabled be the cause of my problem of having to re-log in to admin section? If so, and if I have to re-enable it, is there another work around to get "comments/contact" working?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when I try to check my blog from the admin section by using the button/link on the admin/dashboard tool bar at top of page, the toolbar disappears on my blog view and I have to use the "back" arrow in my browser to bet back to admin...and that's when I have to log back in after trying to make a change.

2 Sep 05, 2012 23:06

What browser? Have you tried another just to be sure that's not the issue? Firefox? Chrome?

3 Sep 06, 2012 01:07

Ethan5150 wrote:

What browser? Have you tried another just to be sure that's not the issue? Firefox? Chrome?

I've tried it in both Firefox and Chrome. Does the same thing in both. I have cookies and java enabled in both browsers as well.

EDIT: Going to do a fresh install of b2evo and start all over. Another thread mentions making changes based on the original _html.inc.php and I guess I don't have one. I didn't make any changes to it initially (just skin images and style.css) but I didn't make a backup of it so if it's corrupted it's my only copy. If I run into this same issue I'll come back here. Thanks!!

4 Sep 06, 2012 07:17

After 2 re-installs, and each failing to fix my above problems, it finally dawned on me what to do/try next. On my third re-install I uploaded all my edited images, and the edited style.css, to their proper places and then I created my blog. Everything works like a charm now. YAY!

(yes, I'm a dork) :roll:

5 Sep 06, 2012 18:46

Hello again. Thought I had fixed my problems last night, but alas, no...well... let me rephrase...yes, kind of. I had things working properly until I changed the URL setting to re-direct to a sub-domain. Now, I have the same problems as posted above.

After some digging around I found that my host has ReWrite (I think that's what it's called) disabled. Could this be the reason for my above problems? If so, is there a work-around? Right now my url is jstmel.com/momar, but I have a sub-domain set up for momar.jstmel.com and that is what I'd like to use. Or should I see if my host can enable it? Or does b2evo "create" the sub-domain for me and I should remove the one I created through my cPanel because they might be conflicting?

If that's not the cause, can anyone think of why switching my url to re-direct to a sub-domain could cause the above issues?

6 Jun 30, 2013 10:58

I use b2evo v 4.1.6 and I have the Problem that the blog shows "Form is loading...". Screenshot is attached.
What is loading? And how I can disable or fix it?

TNX

Form is loading...