Recent Topics

1 Feb 28, 2005 10:59    

On the front page of [url=http://thinkblog.org/]thinkblog.org[/url], there's about an 80% chance that the comments section will be shown. I'm not sure what's causing this or how to turn it off, but I certainly don't want to do that. I just upgraded to BBClone 0.4.6e and posted the latest post when I first saw it was messing up. Any ideas on how to turn this off altogether and not have it hit-or-miss? (I've checked everything in ./conf directory, all the settings I know of in the Admin backend ... what am I missing?)

2 Feb 28, 2005 11:11

Just noticed, too, that my linkblog is spewing its contents into the sidebar. I'm sure this is something stupid I'm missing but man it's frustrating.

3 Feb 28, 2005 11:51

This has to be linked with BBClone somehow.... I put the hit marker on the bottom of the index.php file and the comment fields are no longer showing up unwarranted, but the linkblog is still as it was. Nothing in b2evocore/_main.php or skins/_linkblog.php (or skins/custom/_linkblog.php) look suspicious. It's like it doesn't recognize it as a linkblog/blogroll at all.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

4 Feb 28, 2005 12:13

That one line:

$Item->content( 1, 0, T_('more'), '[', ']' );	// Description + more link 

in skins/_linkblog.php seemed to be the culprit. This may be a crude hack or a bandage over a bigger problem, but hopefully this solves the issues i was having before. So this whole thread has been thinking out loud, but I hope it helps someone.

I have GOT to stop drinking so much coffee in the evenings. 8|

6 Mar 01, 2005 04:29

Thanks for the tip. For some reason the linkblog never did that on the other install I had, maybe it was broken from the start.

Meanwhile, the latest installation of BBClone seems to be giving me fits ... if I leave the BBClone code in place, the index shows all comment blocks for each post. Can you see from this code why that would be? (I'm removing the code from the pages in the meantime.)

For every page that BBClone is to track, the user must add to the beginning of the file the following lines:

<?php
define("_BBCLONE_DIR", "bbclone/");
define("COUNTER", _BBCLONE_DIR."mark_page.php");
if (is_readable(COUNTER)) include_once(COUNTER);
?>

Now, I know that's the right directory and that page is in fact readable. In fact, if I make mark_page.php unreadable on the server, the comment problem goes away. Perhaps this is just some fluke in mark_page.php. I know it's a sin to post an entire file here, so if you want to look at the contents of mark_page.php, I'll put it up at my server in text format:

http://thinkblog.org/media/mark_page_dot_php.txt

Thanks for your help, Ed (and everyone who cares to).

Form is loading...