Recent Topics

1 Apr 04, 2005 00:34    

Can b2E's User Groups be set to limit beyond what blogs users can post to? Can b2E's User Group Permissions limit which blogs users can view, comment to, and post to independently?

Thanks.

3 Nov 01, 2005 23:23

Hi!

Is there any progress on this feature? Or perhaps a plugin that will allow you to restrict all access to a single blog based on group?

Thanks.

4 Dec 20, 2005 17:44

that would be my question as well...or do i have to change to mambo?

5 Dec 20, 2005 20:34

In the latest alpha version of b2evo 1.6 (phoenix) it is possible.
Download it and check it out

6 Jan 26, 2006 17:24

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=6265

I've worked by my through creating a Blog List mechanism that only shows a user those blogs they are a member of, possibly this is helpful to you.

NOTE: I am not a php programer and essentially hacked this together from bits of code I found in the Admin area where a user is in fact only shown blogs they can edit or add posts to. That said there may be other more elegant ways of accomplishing this

7 Aug 07, 2006 16:01

Topanga wrote:

In the latest alpha version of b2evo 1.6 (phoenix) it is possible.
Download it and check it out

I don't see this option in 1.8... am I missing something?

I'm hoping to limit visibility based on group or individual membership. I will start to apply markfaulkner's hack, but if it is built in already I'd just like to know where.

9 Aug 07, 2006 23:50

I have 1.8, and I still don't see it in the demo. Maybe I'm thinking of something different? I'm looking for a way to make blogs private so that users can only view one (including knowing that it is there) if they have permissions (via user and/or group privileges). That would include having the posts appear in the All Blog, and in link blogs...

Form is loading...