Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2005 19:23    

One of b2evo selling points is the multiple blog feature, and I just realized that even though this is true, that b2evo does have a multple blog capability, but all blogs actually appear together on the same "thread" or main post area.

Right now we have multiple blogs appear on the same page but only on the main page or "Blog All" thing, and regardless of how many blogs you have, they all show up on the same "post thread", that is all blogs converge into the same "thread" or posting area. I think it would be awesome to have multiple blogs on the same page, but not all combined into the same thread, but on different locatiions of a page. For instance, Blog A would be the main feature, Blog B could be a side column, Blog C would be the editorial that displays in a little box, etc.

What I am suggesting is for B2evo to have both multiblogs (as it does now) but also multiple post threads, that would really be something as far as using b2evo as a content management system of sorts.

B2evo has done the hard part already, which is to have multopel blogs, wouldn't it be nice to be able to select WHERE in the page each blog will show up, rather than having all blogs show up in a central, and only, location.

2 Jun 29, 2005 19:37

Yeah, b2evo can do that.

Check out the multiblog.php file included in the distribution.

Note that that's basically what a linkblog is: another blog that shows up next to the blog that you're reading.

There's nothing stopping you from having 3 or 100 blogs all on the same page. You'll have to do a bit of php trickery to do any really complex stuff, but it's definitely possible.

3 Jun 29, 2005 21:35

I even do that special thing (showing different blogs on 1 page) allready for over more than 18 months...

4 Aug 16, 2005 22:52

Okay - jumping on the bandwagon here. What I want to be able to do is this:

One website, with two separate blogs on two separate pages. (Ultimately will have different url's pointing to those two separate pages so I don't have to register to host multiple pages...)

Is this doable?

5 Aug 16, 2005 23:29

Yep. :)

In version 0.9.0.12: Yes, with some kludging (assuming you mean with two domains, if you mean the same domain, then it will work out of the box)

In 'phoenix' (the next release): Yes, out of the box. Phoenix will be released very soon. (Before the end of the summer)

Form is loading...