Recent Topics

1 Jul 12, 2005 05:46    

Ok, I need one of you super helpful gurus to tell me how to fix 2 things on this:
http://www.wildfiremarketinggroup.com/blog/

I got the blog to have the same layout as the site (you can compare it to anything except the home page) but there is something in the posts area that's blowing the div out wider than it should be. My guess is the underline. Any ideas how to fix it?

My navigation is all screwed up in both browsers. It is 100% fine through the rest of the site so I don't know what is wrong with it.

Thx in advance! :D

2 Jul 12, 2005 08:19

Did you fix it? I don't see anything wrong (using Firefox).

EDIT: Well, actually, it looks a little off-center, but the posts look like they're the right width outside of that. There's probably a padding-left or margin-left attribute in the CSS that you need to change.

EDIT #2: Your layout.css file has two different width settings for #contents. You have a phantom/empty <h2></h2> tag set inside your bPosts div but before the bPost div. It's probably the <h2></h2> tags causing the problem.

3 Jul 12, 2005 09:07

apart from your problem : this is so EXCELENT BEAUTIFULL !!!

And I do see the same 'shift' on your homepage.
the background of the maincolumn is overlapping your sidebar for about 5px.

4 Jul 12, 2005 09:37

Nice style
I think you need to look at your "left" Shadow and let it go a bit further left as the bpost section is forced right... just a guess.

#shadowl{
padding:0px 0px 0px 15px;
margin:-15px 0px 0px 0px;
float:left;
width:20px;
voice-family: "\"}\""; voice-family:inherit;
width:20px;}

7 Jul 12, 2005 15:04

Topanga wrote:

apart from your problem : this is so EXCELENT BEAUTIFULL !!!

And I do see the same 'shift' on your homepage.
the background of the maincolumn is overlapping your sidebar for about 5px.

Couldn't agree more, only suggestion possible is to make the link color (green) darker.

8 Jul 12, 2005 15:21

Topanga wrote:

But on this page : http://www.wildfiremarketinggroup.com/ you have the same problem according to my computer.

Yes - I haven't updated that page yet. The index page will be last. The whole site is going through a redesign.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :D

I banging my head against a wall trying to fix this.

9 Jul 13, 2005 02:59

Your #container <div> is never closed. This may or may not fix your problem. But the last </div> tag in your blog pages refers to your #secondnav div.

10 Jul 13, 2005 06:16

nope, same deal plus adding it pushes the footer out of the container :'(

11 Jul 13, 2005 06:40

That shouldn't have happened anyway. You should close the #container after the footer anyway. You're saying that adding a third </div> at the end of your page pushes the footer out?

Also, your sub-C1 is 215 px wide, and your sub-C2 is 199 px wide. That's 414 px to fit into your 395 pix #contents <div>.

That might explain your width problem, but I don't know if it will fix the side bar.

12 Jul 13, 2005 16:08

No, both sub c1 and sub c2 are 187px wide

13 Jul 13, 2005 16:36

damn it

I had the blog linked to an old style sheet

14 Jul 13, 2005 18:34

Since you found your solution, I'll close this topic

Form is loading...