Recent Topics

1 Jul 12, 2005 06:04    

Hi everyone! :D I've been using b2evolution for 2 years now, and haven't really figured out my problem:

-----Is it possible to exclude a specific skin name/link from showing up on your skin list, but still have it being used in a different blog?

The skin that I don't want to show is named "Plain", and the reason I don't want to show it, is because it is not made specifically for my blog, but another one..and it looks REALLY out of the theme I have..plus it confuses my visitors :'(.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.. :) Thanks so much!

2 Jul 12, 2005 08:53

Delete the directory that contains those skin files.

I found out that adding and removing skins is that easy when I moved Planque's custom skin to a new folder "flpanque" and my skin list grew by 1.

3 Jul 12, 2005 20:56

Thanks for the reply but I know how to do that...my problem is that I want to keep the skin (Plain) as a different blog is using it, but don't want to show it on the list in my blog.. :'(

4 Jul 12, 2005 21:06

rename the dir of the skin you want to use but exclude from your skinlist to something with an underscore in front.

for example the dir custom will become _custom

5 Jul 13, 2005 00:05

:D :o Thanks so much Topanga!! Exactly what I needed! I learned something new at the same time as well. Because "_Plain" was no longer showing up in the default skin section in the admin for my other blog, I forced it on it by editing it's file instead..worked. Anyways, thanks again! :)

Form is loading...