Recent Topics

1 Jul 29, 2005 09:24    

I just installed b2e via hsphere.

It installed with my blog addreses as domain.com/b2evolution/index.php. I really don't want /b2evolution/ in my blog pathname, but I can't seem to figure out how to republish the blog to domain.com/index.php.

Do I need to manually reinstall?

2 Jul 29, 2005 15:22

You have a couple of options.

1. You can move everything in the b2evolution dir to the web root and then change the baseurl in the conf/_config.php file. The problem with this is that your web root will become a little more cluttered.

2. You can leave the files where they are, but change the baseurl in conf/_config.php to remove 'b2evolution'. Then you need to open up conf/_advanced.php and toward the bottom it lists the directories that b2evolution has to be able to locate. Each dir setting will look something like this:

$conf_subdir = 'conf';                       // Subdirectory relative to base
$conf_dirout = '...';                         // Relative path to go back to base

but you'll need to make it look like this:

$conf_subdir = 'b2evolution/conf';                       // Subdirectory relative to base
$conf_dirout = '../..';                         // Relative path to go back to base

Repeat that for each directory that for the admin, htsrv, xmlsrv, etc, sections that follow.

3. Or, if you don't want to mess with that and you don't have a lot of posts that you would lose, you can just reisntall in the root.

I use solution 2. because I don't like having the web root cluttered up with all of that stuff.

3 Jul 29, 2005 20:47

Thanks so much Personman!

I haven't tried it yet, but it makes sense. I'm just very glad I didn't have to figure this out for myself.

I was very disappointed to find that Movable Type is not compatible with some version of soem Perl module on my client's server. Rather than figure out which what or why, I just installed b2evolution for her and I'm hoping this will do the trick.

I'll let you know how it works!

4 Jul 29, 2005 21:02

I switched from MT to b2evolution. I've found it to be a much better program. And it's free to boot.

Form is loading...