Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2005 04:59    

I am a new user and need someone to direct me to the location in the documentation or on these forums that describes how to set up an RSS feed for my blog. Thanks!

2 Aug 02, 2005 06:27

If you've installed b2evolution, then the RSS feeds are already set up. Most skins include links to the various types of RSS feeds in the sidebar. If you post the url of your site I can show you where the feeds are getting generated.

3 Aug 02, 2005 06:42

Thanks so much for your help. My blogs are on the site www.oaktree.org in the Community section. I am using an inline frame to force integration with the rest of the site, so I doubt you'll be able to tell much from the url. Also, I did delete quite a bit of the code in my customization for my own skin, so I may have deleted the portion that generates the RSS. If you could tell me where it would appear in the default skin, then I can try putting it back in.

It may be helpful for you to know that the b2evolution installation is at the domain http://www.oaktreetalk.org/blog. Perhaps that will give you a way to determine if the feeds are being generated or not?

5 Aug 02, 2005 09:31

In my browser (Firefox), the RSS-feeds are recognized and I can view them. You've only deleted the links to the RSS-feeds.

However, because you have the blog set in a frame within your main site,the RSS is not detected at all....

6 Aug 02, 2005 16:53

Thanks for both of your comments. Does this mean I need to remove the frames in order for someone to be able to access the feeds? Or can I simply give them the links nomad has so kindly provided and be good to go?

7 Aug 02, 2005 17:04

It is enough to provide the links. Then the feeds will be auto-detected

8 Aug 02, 2005 17:14

Great! Thanks, nomad!

9 Aug 02, 2005 17:14

Actually I think feeds are only autodetected when something like this is in the <head> section of the html:

<link rel="alternate" type="text/xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="http://oaktreetalk.org/blog/xmlsrv/rss2.php?blog=1 " />

You could manually add the code into your parent frame page if you want to make the feeds autodetectable. It's probably better to do so. That's how I find feeds when I subscribe to a site.

Form is loading...