Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2005 03:45    

I'm running:
Fedora Core 4
b2evolution installer version 0.9.0.12
mysql 14.7
PHP 5.0.4
Firefox 1.0.4

As far as I can tell the MySQL and PHP installations are correct and working. I set the permissions on the directories as per the FAQ. I created an empty database in MySQL and I can see the "base configuration" screen in my web browser. When I click on the "update config file" button it takes me to a blank webpage with the b2evolution graphic and the Current Installation/Online navigation bar. If I click on the "go to blogs" or "go to admin" buttons I get the "cannot use before you finish configuration and installation" screen.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

2 Aug 02, 2005 04:45

What are the permissions on /conf/_config.php? Try setting them to world-writable (chmod 777).

3 Aug 02, 2005 04:48

They were 666, I tried setting them to 777 and that didn't seem to have an effect.

4 Aug 02, 2005 04:51

So, has it created the database tables yet? If so, then you could try manually editing _config.php. If not then you may just want to start over.

5 Aug 02, 2005 05:19

The database is still empty... I'm not sure where to start over from. The only thing I've done is extract the files to the webserver and set the permissions. I guess I could do that again, but there wasn't a point where I had to make a decision.

6 Aug 02, 2005 05:42

I cam across this:

My system missed the php4-mysql library (I use debian). Everytime I opened the installation php (described in the index.html, see point 3. ) and entered values nothing happend. A blank screen. When I wanted to open my blog it reminded me that I should run the install script. After hours of searching I discovered in /b2evocore/_class_db.php that the function mysql_connect in the constructor has a @ in front of its function call, so every error messages from this function are ignored! Without this operator I got the error message and could find the error that this function isn't found.

And that sounds similar to what I'm experiencing. So if this is the problem, what is the appropriate action? Do I need to re-install PHP (it came installed with the distribution) or is there some modual I need to load with PHP to get it to talk to MySQL? I know very little about what I'm talking about at this point, some some pretty explicit instructions would be helpful.

7 Aug 02, 2005 06:24

Those would be good questions to ask in the Fedora forum.

8 Aug 20, 2005 19:28

I had what sounds to be the exact problem ...

LIKELY your problem is that you do not have PHP configured to use MySQL. This can be checked using the phpinfo() tag and looking at the 'Configure Command' row in the resulting table. If I'm correct, you'll see '--without-mysql' somewhere in there. If so, read on.

As you've probably gathered, you'll need to configure php for MySQL, this may vary from distro to distro, however for Debian:

sudo apt-get install php4-mysql

If apt-get can't find this package you'll need to modify your repositories, but that is another story.

9 Aug 28, 2005 19:52

For those who tried the above fix and didn't succeed - this worked for me.
This assumes you're trying to install on a local network and have access to the main php installation

Open your b2evocore/_class_db.php and remove the @ from the beginning of the mysql_connect statement. This will allow you to see error messages. Then go to your php.ini file (should be in c:/php), and do a search for mysql

You should see a statement that looks like this:
;extension=php_mysql.dll

Remove the ; from the front and save

Go to the ext folder and copy the php_mysql.dll into your main php folder.

Run the install script - that should fix it.

Hope that helps :D

10 Aug 28, 2005 21:54

I would have had a sound sleep instead of a sleepless night if this suggestion has been posed earlier. After 24 hours struggle, I figured out the similar result. THe problem is the communication between PHP and MySQL. This happens because MySQL extension is integrated in the windows installer of PHP4 but removed from PHP5. This is said in the manual of PHP5, which suggests manual installation rather than the installer. What I did was stick to the installer first in order to save some work in configuring IIS. Next, unzip php-5.0.4-Win32.zip to the folder where php5 was installed. Notice that blanks are not allowed in any directory name. Then, modify php.ini file (either in c:\windows or c:\php) a little bit: specify the extention directory where php_mysql.dll is located; remove the ; in front of the line of ;extension=php_mysql.dll. One thing I am so far not sure if it is necessary: add c:\php to the system environment (seen in the manual of php5). But any way, you should be ready to go after these.

Hope it helps.

unTangled wrote:

For those who tried the above fix and didn't succeed - this worked for me.
This assumes you're trying to install on a local network and have access to the main php installation

Open your b2evocore/_class_db.php and remove the @ from the beginning of the mysql_connect statement. This will allow you to see error messages. Then go to your php.ini file (should be in c:/php), and do a search for mysql

You should see a statement that looks like this:
;extension=php_mysql.dll

Remove the ; from the front and save

Go to the ext folder and copy the php_mysql.dll into your main php folder.

Run the install script - that should fix it.

Hope that helps :D

Form is loading...