Recent Topics

1 Aug 02, 2005 10:28    

Hi,
I live in Australia and one of our time zones is different by 30 minutes to another. I happen to have my server in one time zone and me in another. As such I need to set the time difference to -0.5 hrs. This doesn't seem to work. It appears that only whole numbers are allowed.

Is there any way around this? Is it just staring me in the face :(

I am using version 0.9.0.10 so I am not positive if this may be fixed in a later release.

I did a forum search and couldn't see this asked anywhere but i'm pretty new here so I might have missed it. Apologies if this is the case.

Thanks,
Scott
:D

2 Mar 15, 2006 09:54

Well I am on 0.9.0.12 and I still have the same problem :-( Is this going to be included in future releases?

3 Mar 15, 2006 11:04

You are the first to mention that there is a possibility of a timedifference of 0.5 hours..

So we'll include it on the todo list.

4 Mar 15, 2006 11:15

Thanks heaps.

I am in Adelaide, South Australia which is GMT +9.5

I checked my Timezones and its only Adelaide and India that have a 0.5 offset and Kathmandu apparently is 0.75 offset. Might be worth going down to .25 hr differences.

Thanks again!

5 Mar 15, 2006 15:01

Actually there's quite a few places with a half-hour offset from the 'official' version everyone thinks is the only version. Newfoundland is the example I always remember, but there are quite a few more. http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/world_tzones.html is a map that doesn't name names but does show where the half-hour places are, for those into it.

Form is loading...