Recent Topics

1 Aug 08, 2005 20:20    

Hello,

When I installed B2 I put it under /blogs.

However I now want to move it to the root path of simply '/'

I have looked at a couple of solutions by searching the forum including changing the base url. This didn't work, it simply kept all the archives and other posts under /blogs but the main.php did appear.

I am thinking the best way now is to FTP the database and all the blogs to my hard drive, clear the database and tables and install a new one then put it all back again brand new. Can someone talk me through doing this as I don't want to lose the CSS changes and most of all the posts.

Thanks,

Mark

2 Aug 08, 2005 20:22

Hello there :-)

maybe you could try a 301 redirect (a .htaccess file) to your sub directory... :-) You would not need to change anything at all. Sumas also donĀ“t mind about a 301 redirect.

I was thinking of doing the same with my b2 :-)

Vicky

3 Aug 08, 2005 22:02

You shouldn't need to do anything to your database. As far as I know, all you need to do is:

1. Modify the baseURL in the conf/_config.php file, removing "/blogs"
2. Move all the files and folders from your "blogs" directory to the root of your webspace.

That should fix it.

4 Aug 09, 2005 04:35

I successfully moved mine from /blogs to /webblogs (to foil spammers) - it takes just a couple of minutes.
All you need to do is rename your blog folder and change the config to point to the new name. Simple!

No need to move anything.

5 Mar 14, 2006 17:14

I must not be getting something ...

I moved b2evo/ to my root directory and then changed my config file to have it end in /blogs but it's not working.

I'm trying to make it so that when people go to www.autodogmatic.com, they'll go directly to the default blog under b2e. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

6 Mar 14, 2006 22:30

If you want your blog accessible through www.autodogmatic.com then you need to eliminate the /blogs directory altogether. All the files and directories which are now in your /blogs directory need to be placed directly in your root folder.

For example, summary.php is usually found in your /blogs directory. You need to take it out of there and put it in your root directory. Do the same with all the other files that are usually in /blogs.

Another example, The /skins folder is usually inside the /blogs directory. Take it out of there and make it a subfolder of your root directory. Do the same with the other folders.

In other words, you're moving everything relative to your root directory and getting rid of the /blogs directory completely.

Hope that helps...

7 Mar 16, 2006 17:05

Nate,

That did help; however, now it's showing the default b2evo homepage despite having set my default blog to be the aggregating blog. In the conf file, I've used 'www.autodogmatic.com'

Any thoughts?

----------------------------

Okay - I just renamed default.php to defaultnotused.php and that took care of it. THANKS NATE!

8 Mar 17, 2006 02:35

Great, enjoy your blog. :D

9 Apr 07, 2006 23:33

I have copied all the files from thekman.com/b2evolution folder to my root thekman.com folder. The site seems to be working fine, but when I try to access the admin area I get an 404 file not found error message.

I have checked and the file admin/b2edit.php appears to be on my server. I have note deleted the files in thekman.com/b2evolution folder yet. Can this be causing the problem?

10 Apr 08, 2006 01:04

All the files and folders? In other words you used to have a thekman.com/b2evolution/admin folder so now should have a thekman.com/admin folder.

Also what *exactly* is the URL that is giving you the 404 error? It should be thekman.com/admin/whateverfilename.php - if it's not then the issue is maybe you're using old bookmarks or something.

Next up is cookies and cache. Clear your cache and delete your cookies and that might help assuming you know you've got all the folders and files moved, and that you're looking for the right file.

------------------

Hmmm.... thekman.com/admin/ shows a directory of files that are not b2evolution files. Seems like you might have a problem since you already have an admin folder going on. There are ways to deal with it, but first and foremost you've got to have all your folders and files up at the root level. In other words you need to have the same exact structure in your root that you used to have in your b2evolution folder.

The way to deal with the admin folder name is simple. Rename it something like adminb2e, then in your conf/_advanced.php file scroll down until you see a variable that gets defined for the name of the path to the admin folder. Change it from "/admin" to "/adminb2e" OR rename the other admin folder you've got there.

11 Apr 08, 2006 02:40

I still have no idea where to find that other Admin folder on my server. Must be a hidden default folder GoDaddy has, but I don't like that is it viewable so I will work on that one. But once I renamed the admin folder I knew about everything is working fine.

I just wanted to thank you for your response and other posts. I have used several of them to help me with customization of my site. Which says alot since I have no idea what I am really doing.

12 Apr 08, 2006 05:44

Ok, what did I screw up. I have been messing with all sorts of things I probably shouldn't have, but I thought I had gotten it all figured out. But just realized my stats have not had any changes to my stats page since I started hacking. The last refered or refering searches have not changed for hours even though I know there should be new information. Any suggestions on where to look at where I screwed up would be appreciated.

Form is loading...