Recent Topics

1 Aug 09, 2005 18:54    

Is there a way to set b2 so that a blogger may only see the statistics for the blog(s) they have permission to post to and not for all the blogs?

Check through group perms, config, forum search etc... with no luck.

Thanks for any help...

2 Aug 09, 2005 20:50

Stats are public. Any reader can view your stats by adding ?disp=stats on to the end of your url. This is possible whether you put a link in your skin to it or not. I played around with this and I don't see a way to only allow per author and per blog permissions for stats. If you make an author a basic user, they can't see stats at all in the backoffice. If you make them a blogger, then they can see them, but can't delete or ban. If you make them a priveleged author, then they can ban spammy stats, and if you make them an admin they can do anything.

That's the way things are now. The new version, which is due out in a few weeks, will do stats very differently.

3 Aug 09, 2005 21:09

Thanks personan,

Though it should be noted ?disp=stats doesn't display any quantitative details, really ;)

I took a look at the *stats.php file and it seems like it would take a fair amount of hacking to get it right - think I'll just wait for the next version...

So I guess that'll be possible in the next version of b2 then, eh?

Any other tidbits as to changes in stats? Would be nice to see detail on most popular posts, and such... though I know that's trick to get the "reads" on something when multiple posts generally appear on the same page :-/

4 Aug 09, 2005 21:31

The only thing I know about stats in the next version is that the last few times I did installs from CVS, the stats and antispam page said nothing but that they were removed for refactoring. So I know there will be major changes. I don't know what they'll be like exactly.

5 Aug 09, 2005 21:50

Lemme see if I got this right: any given blogger should only be able to see the back office stats tab for the blogs they are authorized to post in. In my feeble two dimensional mind I'm thinking anyone level 10 or maybe in the admin group gets to see everything. Sound right? This sounds like a nice fun little hack. I think I'll do it today.

6 Aug 09, 2005 22:01

Yup, that's about it...

Although stats viewing is set at the group level (under users tab) to allow/disallow stats viewing in the backend. (set by a radio select under various group settings, admin or otherwise)...

If you get a quick n' dirty solution together, I'm all ears!

Form is loading...