Recent Topics

1 Aug 18, 2005 21:48    

Uhm,

trying to have the comments appear on a pop-up window but the code shown on the b2evo manual looks like it is not working for me...

Right now, under recent comments, a list of people who left a comment appears and I just click the name to been shown the comment.

How do I make it for the comment to appear in a pop-up window...?

What's the code and the .php file I need to "hack"...?

(I already know where to find the piece of code that allows me to change width and height of the pop-up window)

Thanks,

Emilio.

2 Aug 19, 2005 19:40

Link? Can't do anything without looking at a page...

4 Aug 23, 2005 21:56

Does anyone know how to display the popup page at the very top of the window instantly?

My comments appear in a new window and whenever I click on "leave a comment", my comment page opens up half way down to the comments box. I want the window to open up from the very top.

I tried using:

<script type="text/javascript">
function scrollWindow()
{
window.scrollTo(0,0)
}
</script>

but I want the content to open up at the top instantly. I'm sure there's a code of some sort. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

6 Aug 23, 2005 23:59

That's fine. Thanks for your help Graham. I do have another question, and I'm sure you've already heard this before (I ran across one of your old post regarding this issue, but I still can't figure it out).

I did some editing on my comment_post.php and I added:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style_2.css" type="text/css" />
<body background="img/background(theme)3.gif">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="100%" height="100%" id="table1">
<tr>
<td>
<table border="0 " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="100%" id="table2">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

before the <?php sign to spice up my comment_page. But now, whenever I post a comment, I get this error message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php:10) in /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 211

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php:10) in /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php:10) in /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 213

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php:10) in /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 214

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php:10) in /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 218

I don't have any spaces or blank lines after the ?> sign . I'm wondering whether the code I added before the <?php has anything to do with it. And if that is the case, how can I add that code elsewhere in the comment_page.php so there is no error? Thanks in advance again!

7 Aug 24, 2005 00:07

Did you take out your change to see if that's the problem? If it is, just put the code in an echo directly after the opening <?php

I'd still say there's some whitespace though... B)

8 Aug 24, 2005 00:12

Yes, I removed the change and the error message disappeared. Can you please tell me how to add the change in an echo? I'm not that familiar with PHP. Thanks a lot for your help.

9 Aug 24, 2005 00:29

<?php echo'your stuff goes here';?>

You can just put the eacho'blah' in after the opening <?php though.[/code]

10 Aug 24, 2005 00:47

I copied/pasted:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style_2.css" type="text/css" />
<body background="img/background(theme)3.gif">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="100%" height="100%" id="table1">
<tr>
<td>
<table border="0 " cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="100%" id="table2">
<tr>
<td bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

exactly into "your stuff goes here". But I still get new error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/jinbro1/public_html/jinbrother1/blog/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 2

Heh, I knew it wouldn't be that quick and simple. What am I doing wrong? Sorry for sounding like an idiot.

11 Aug 24, 2005 08:56

I'm stumped. Why exactly do you want to put this here? In normal operation (i.e. when there's no errors), you should never see this page.

Form is loading...