Recent Topics

1 Aug 25, 2005 23:47    

They come up as red X's and when I right click on them and search for them, they say access is forbidden. but all groups have read access, i even tried it with write and execute but still no luck.

site at blog.bluelaundry.com

2 Aug 26, 2005 00:02

Hmm... COULD BE that your host has hot-link protection in place. In fact it probably is. http://bluelaundry.com/blog/ does images as one would expect. For all practical purposes, the url you provided is an addon domain. The way I visited is a folder in a domain.

Check with your host about hotlink protection.

Oh I always forget this one: b2evolution as-is doesn't like subdomains. That might also be the problem, but I don't think so. I think it's hotlinking.

UNRELATED: I once found a certain image I had (96K) was sucking an amazing amount of my bandwidth. I eventually found a site hotlinking it for a background image. One of those lame sites with *tons* of moving images and crap like that. Anyway I very carefully created a new image that said "the owner of this site is a thief who thinks he's smart". I was considerably cruder, but you get the idea. I left that image in place for just over a month before I realized the hot-linker was never going to notice. I turned on hot-link protection (and killed image access for my addon domains...)

3 Aug 26, 2005 20:36

Oops You are so right!!!

Form is loading...