Recent Topics

1 Aug 27, 2005 05:07    

I have been looking for blogging software to use for a special project.
My son is being deployed to Iraq in a month and I would like to have someplace for him and his company to post individual blogs so their families and friends can keep up with them. I have a server running Fedora 4 to put this on.
I have several sites up and running, but have never put up a blogging site.
Will this software allow multiple blogs (from each member of his company, if they desire) and allow people to see them?
Thanks for your time in answering dumb questions.

2 Aug 27, 2005 06:02

I'm not sure about the hosting requirements (Fedora 4), although I imagine it should work. But b2e is especially built for multiple blogs from a single installation. It sounds like just what you're looking for.

3 Aug 27, 2005 06:14

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

4 Aug 27, 2005 08:06

And when you are up to.
If you want every member of the company to have his own blog, do you want that others can see those posts too ?
Give every member his own blog and give them only write/edit/delete rights on that blog.

Do you want other to read the posts too ? or is it only private for familiy and friends ?
If private : you will need to add others to have membership to those blogs.

There are a couple of posibilities, but indeed, what you want is 100% where b2evo is written for and is used for in the past.

Every server is ok, if you can install mysql databases on it.

5 Aug 27, 2005 08:21

Hi keeper70. If you want some help with this project please PM me. I would be more than happy to hook you up with every imaginable level of hackage and whatever you could hope for.

Personally, I think GWB is a psychotic maniac who belongs in a prison right next to his buddy Saddam, but that's got nothing to do with the men and women on the ground (no matter what country they came from). If your son's company wants to blog I'll gladly handle whatever it is you might need beyond having the space and bandwidth to host such a thing.

6 Aug 28, 2005 05:46

EdB.. sent you a pm. thanks

Form is loading...