Recent Topics

1 Sep 02, 2005 05:50    

I recently upgraded to version 0.9.0.12 from 0.9.0.11. Actually, I removed the old version and the installed the newer one.

Everything is working great. I can post entries perfectly fine, with the exception that after posting, the "Adding new post..." page will end prematurely with the following:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: xmlrpc_decode_recurse() in /var/www/localhost/htdocs/b2evolution/b2evocore/_functions.php on line 610

This error appears right after the "Pinging Weblogs.com..."

I tried a search for xmlrpc_decode_recurse, but didn't come up with anything related.

Have I accidentally ruined something during the upgrade process?

I haven't noticed any other ill effects from this yet. My blogs are all posting successfully. There is just this error.

2 Sep 02, 2005 14:23

Try redownloading the zip, then reuploading the admin, b2evocore and xmlrpc folders. They can go right over the top of what you have and it shouldn't have any side effects.

3 Sep 02, 2005 17:40

Ah! Thanks!

I'm not quite sure why, but the files _functions_xmlrpc.php and _functions_xmlrpcs.php were different from that in the original b2evolution zip archive.

They were the same, however, as those from the b2evo-xmlprc.tar.gz archive. I think those were installed as per Gentoo's ebuild.

Are those two files a security update? Or is it safe to not use them so that I don't get that error anymore?

5 Sep 02, 2005 18:00

Ah, neat. Thanks, it still seems to be working. I have no clue where the files that Gentoo used came from.

Oh, incidentally, while I'm on this, Weblogs doesn't seem to be returning anything to me anymore:

Remote error: No data received from server. (6)

I have a feeling that it's because of this that it takes so long for the confirmation of adding a post to appear in my case as b2evolution waits for it to time out first.

Weblogs is just down for now I guess? It doesn't seem to be opening anything when I try to navigate to that site either.

I realize this isn't b2evolution's problem. Though, is there a quick way to temporarily disable pinging Weblogs? Or is it a hack in the code, in which case I'll just leave it for now, unless Weblogs never comes back up.

6 Sep 02, 2005 18:06

You can disable pinging services. Go to the Blogs tab, choose your blog, then go to the advanced sub-tab. Below "After each new post..." you should see check-boxes for each blogging service. Uncheck the one you want to disable and click Save.

7 Sep 02, 2005 18:15

Ah, thanks again! Not sure why I did not see that when I was poking around before.

Thanks for all your help, personman! I appreciate it greatly.

Form is loading...