Recent Topics

1 Sep 02, 2005 17:34    

Hello,
I am an absolute beginner with b2evolution. I have a few questions :

It there a way (plugin, option) to have a user friendly interface to input images in the blog. What I mean there is that a friend of mine has a WYSIWYG interface on it's own blog to make it easy for him to place images in his articles, and also it can create thumbnails automatically.

How can I change blog order ? Blogs are displayed like this :
[All][Blog1][Blog2][Links][Blog3]
I would like to move [Links] to the end.

Eventually, what is the difference between Bloggers, Basic Users, ...

Thanks a lot for your help ![/list]

2 Sep 02, 2005 17:54

1. Right below the textarea for posting there is a button labeled "Upload File/Image." Click that and a window pops up. Browse to your image and upload it. Then click "Add code to your post" to drop the code for displaying your image back into the textarea.

2. I don't think there's any easy way to do this. It shouldn't make that much difference, should it? You could always delete that linkblog and create a new one. It would be at the end of the list until you created another new blog.

3. I'm not sure how much difference the groups make. I know you can fine-tune permissions for each blog and each user.

3 Sep 02, 2005 18:10

1. Right below the textarea for posting there is a button labeled "Upload File/Image." Click that and a window pops up. Browse to your image and upload it. Then click "Add code to your post" to drop the code for displaying your image back into the textarea.

Yes, I saw that, but it doesn't have this thubnail creation thing, and also I didn't find how to add an image sticking to the right part of the text (style="float: right;" is not accepted)

2. I don't think there's any easy way to do this. It shouldn't make that much difference, should it? You could always delete that linkblog and create a new one. It would be at the end of the list until you created another new blog.

Well I would have liked the 'link' blog to be last, that's all... Maybe there is a way to do this directly in the SQL database...

3. I'm not sure how much difference the groups make. I know you can fine-tune permissions for each blog and each user.

Where can you predefine permissions for a group ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

4 Sep 02, 2005 18:17

Try using align="right" for your image tags.

I think the next version will do more with group permissions.

5 Sep 03, 2005 11:44

Thanks personman,
The align="right" tag works perfectly.
I don't understand though why when I put border="3" I see no border.
Do you also know an easy way to create a thumbnail using only tags ?

6 Sep 03, 2005 14:14

I have an installation of [url=http://gallery.menalto.com/]Gallery[/url] on [url=http://gallery.personman.com/fergusons]my site[/url]. It creates thumbnails as you upload photos and then I just copy the link location of the thumbnail and put it in a post. I usually make the thumbnail link to the bigger image, which is also in my gallery. [url=http://www.brendoman.com/dbc/2005/08/08/wedding_1]Here's an example[/url]. You can even customize the look of Gallery to match your b2evo skin like I've done.

7 Sep 14, 2005 19:02

Hey,
I just can't install Gallery on my site. I'm hosted at OVH which means I don't have my own server and I don't have all programs needed...
It's a shame !
Do you know any other simpler program ?

Form is loading...