Recent Topics

1 Sep 02, 2005 20:20    

Hi, I looked through messages here already and didn't find anything that helped. I might have missed something, and if so I apologize for the duplicate post.

I just installed b2evolution and I can't seem to get images to upload no matter what I do w/ the permissions, etc. on our server. I've got b2evolution in the c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blogs directory if that matters at all.

I tried giving full control to 'Everyone', 'IUSR_computername', etc. on the media directory, but every time I upload an image I get the following:

Your file "" was uploaded successfully !
Here's the code to display it:
Image Details:
Name:
Size: 0 KB
Type:

As you can see, no filename shows up and the size is 0 KB. I'm logged into b2evolution as a user with > 1 (I've tried admin though even), ..., ...

Anyhow, any help is much appreciated. This is going to driving me nuts :P

/jj

2 Sep 02, 2005 20:50

It's possilbe that your PHP isntall isn't allowing [url=http://php.mirrors.ilisys.com.au/manual/en/features.file-upload.php]file uploads[/url]. Check your php.ini file and see if it has a line that says something like file_uploads="false" Changing it to true or on or 1 might do it. If you don't see a line like that, then try adding file_uploads="1"

I know b2evolution is built to work on Apache or IIS, but I think that Apache is the recommended platform. Some of the more advanced features won't work in IIS.

3 Sep 02, 2005 21:28

I've got the following in my php.ini:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; File Uploads ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Whether to allow HTTP file uploads.
file_uploads = On

; Temporary directory for HTTP uploaded files (will use system default if not
; specified).
;upload_tmp_dir =

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
upload_max_filesize = 2M

I actually tried to catch the error with Filemon and noticed an ACCESS DENIED for IUSR_computername for C:\WINDOWS\Temp but even when I gave write access to IUSR_computername and got rid of the error, I still had the same problem in b2evolution.

Has anyone got image upload working under IIS before? :-/

-jj

4 Sep 02, 2005 22:04

Just to see if it helps, you might try changing the upload temp dir to something like this: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\tmp

You'll have to create that directory, or course.

Form is loading...