Recent Topics

1 Sep 06, 2005 00:40    

When I click on the permalink of one of my post, my right panel is shifted down and some of my images cannot be displayed. You can see what I mean here:

http://jinbrother1.fifthdesign.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=the_philosophy_of_charles_schultz&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

How can I fix this? Is there a page I can edit for my permalinks? Suggestions?

I should mention that I use a popup window for my comments. Maybe that has anything to do with this? Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Sep 06, 2005 00:47

Something appearing in the bottom of your post makes the main/middle area appearing wider than it should. Try to deactivate the trackbacks (see [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=5271]I want to get rid of trackbacks completely (Spam nightmare)[/url]) or reduce the width of the elements appearing at the bottom of your "see more" link...

That's a common CSS issue.

(Another solution would be to enlarge your blog's width including the left, main and right areas by 1 or 2 pixels; that helps sometimes.)

3 Sep 06, 2005 00:55

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by reducing the width of the elements at the bottom of my "see more" link. Where exactly is that located?

I had already deactivated the trackbacks couple days ago after reading about spam issues, so I'm guessing that won't solve my issue.

I have a feeling it has more to do with my popup_comments, but I don't know what the problem is (I'm a complete noob when it comes to PHP :oops:). When I click on "post comments", everything seems to work out fine. Perhaps that's why my emoticons and captcha code aren't displaying, because of path conflict.

I don't know what I'm saying. You guys know a lot more than I do. :D Thanks for your help.

4 Sep 06, 2005 02:04

Nevermind. I fixed the problem of the right panel shifting downward. I wrote some code for my feedback.php which should've been written on popup.php. Now I just have to figure out how to fix my images from displaying.

Thanks for your help and concern, kwa.

5 Sep 06, 2005 13:31

Deactivated or not, when I open the page you talk about:

6 Sep 06, 2005 18:40

I found out what the problem was. I added a table code in my feedback page instead of in my popup_comments page. The table was apparently too large for my main/middle section of my blog, so it shifted the right panel downward. Since my comments page appears on a popup window (which is wider in width), I don't have a problem there. As for the images, it was just some path conflict I eventually fixed. Thanks though, kwa!

7 Sep 07, 2005 04:37

I'm glad you've found and solved the issue! :)

Form is loading...