Recent Topics

1 Sep 28, 2005 04:56    

Hi,

I cannot seem to take the output of mysqldump from my old b2evo blog (can't recall what version, but several ago) and get it input into my new installation (Dawn). Here's exactly what I've done:

I had to replace the harddrive on my Debian server where I ran my b2evo blog. I decided to install SuSE 9.3 on the new drive, and moved from Apache 1.3 to 2.0. I'm running MySQL 4.1.10a and just installed b2evo "Dawn" from scratch today.

Having read numerous posts here on this sort of issue, I did the following before installing b2evo:

I had a backup of my old /var/lib/mysql/b2evolution directory and so I copied it to my current /var/lib/mysql directory (all as root):

cp -r /mnt/backuplocation/b2evolution /var/lib/mysql
cd /var/lib/mysql
chown -R mysql:mysql ./b2evolution

mysqldump -u [username] -D b2evolution --password > oldb2evo.sql

I enter my password and a file called oldb2evo.sql appears, then:

rm -r ./b2evolution

and install Dawn from scratch (which includes creating a new b2evolution database).

Once the new installation is working with the default database I try to add my old blog entries following advice from another post on these forums:

mysql -u [username] -D b2evolution --password
mysql> source oldb2evo.sql

A whole lot scrolls by as my old stuff is imported.

But now surfing to my blog reveals this error:
"Database schema is not up to date. You have schema version 8064, but we would need 8066."

Can anyone explain how to move my old b2evolution MySQL database to my new b2evolution installation? Thanks.

2 Sep 28, 2005 05:11

Have you tried running the b2evolution install thingie after getting all your posts into your dawn database? The install thing will check the schema and decide what it needs to do to update the dbase to the current configuration requirements, or at least that's what it's supposed to do. Basically put your install folder back in place and tell it you are upgrading instead of telling it to do a new install.

3 Sep 28, 2005 05:25

Ok,

I put the install directory back in place, then browsed to it and told it to do an upgrade. Everything seemed to check out fine as it said:

Checking DB schema version... 8064 : OK.
Adding catpost index... OK.
Adding visitTime index... OK.
Creating DB schema version checkpoint at 8066... OK.

Upgrade completed successfully!

Now you can log in with your usual b2evolution username and password.

However, now when I go to the admin backend and go to edit, or when you just browse the site itself, I get:

Requested category 11 does not exist!

Any thoughts on where to go from here? I'm getting close!

4 Sep 28, 2005 06:05

I thought maybe adding a draft post could kickstart the database into working right, but when I clicked save i got:

:: Adding new post...
Recording post...

MySQL error!

Duplicate entry '22-20' for key 1(Errno=1062)

Your query: Associate new post with extra categories

INSERT INTO evo_postcats( postcat_post_ID, postcat_cat_ID ) VALUES ( 22, 20 )

Hopefully that helps someone debug the "no category 11" error I described above.

Brian

5 Sep 28, 2005 06:17

Did you mention this category 11 issue in a different thread? If not there may be a funky ghost in the machine. If so that's why cat11 is ringing a distant bell for me. At least we know your files are happy with the structure of your database. Now if only they could handle the actual content you'd be livin' large eh?

What is the history of your category 11? Stupid question given that most people won't associate a cat name with it's number, but I'm asking to learn like was it a cat you had but deleted? Is it maybe your newest category? Is it findable in your category tab on the appropriate blog? Does it exist in your database on the evo_categories table? (I think that's the name - I'm going by memory here so I may be off.) I'm thinking, but have no clue how it could be, that your backup is somehow part with cat11 and part without it. No understanding of how that could happen, but an understanding of what the deal is with cat11, both in terms of your history of that cat and the database's opinion, will help.

The 22-20 thing is probably going to stand up and say "fix me too dude!", but I'm kinda only seeing the bits I think I can help with...

Form is loading...