Recent Topics

1 Sep 29, 2005 21:05    

We are creating a blog on our server at appalshop.org, and want the ability to not only upload images but mp3 media as well. We have many field reporters with pocket digital recorders, and as they go out in interview people, we want them to be able to log on, post in the blog and upload their day's content.

The problem we are having is breaching the 2048KB upload size limit. We have modified the admin and upload files to accomodate mp3, and can successfully upload media under 2MB. But, we have some media that is up to 20MB in file size. I guess you can probably see where this is going, but I am gonna pop it out right now: What do I modify to increase file size uploads?

I covered the basics, including editing admin.php and b2upload.php to 25,000KB. So what do I do? Is there a php.ini command?

3 Sep 30, 2005 00:05

See, I tried the php.ini file already in my root directory... Here's a copy of what I got on it.

file_uploads = 1
upload_max_filesize = 25,000,000
upload_tmp_dir = /home/appalsho/public_html/blogs/media/

I made some changes and tried uploading a 5MB mp3 and I had no luck... It eventually gives me an error stating, "Couldn't upload file." What am I doing wrong here? :-/

4 Sep 30, 2005 00:11

The commas might be messing you up. Try

upload_max_filesize = 25M

And try it without defining the tmp directory, too.

5 Sep 30, 2005 19:56

well, i made the change to my php.ini file, and here's what I got.

Couldn't upload your file to: /home/appalsho/public_html/blogs/media/track_9.mp3

6 Sep 30, 2005 20:36

Did you try it without the upload_tmp_dir line? It might work better if you just let it write to the normal tmp directory (then php moves to the right location, but that is specified in the script, not the php.ini file).

7 Oct 03, 2005 18:21

I tried that and here is my php.ini - this is ALL thats listed in my php.ini.

file_uploads = 1
upload_max_filesize = 25M

I tried what you said and still no luck... I can't upload anything over the 2MB mark.

8 Oct 03, 2005 18:44

Silly question, but hell, I'm renowned for them ... do you have any "hacks" installed (on the blogs?) or, are you on a shared server where your host may have their own limitations?

¥

9 Oct 03, 2005 21:31

We own our own server, so we dont have hosting limiatations or anything like that. Is there some setting we need to change or alter to make this work? We also dont have any hacks or custom files installed, other than our skin which is basic and from right here on B2.

Let me know.

10 Oct 04, 2005 11:12

I'm not the worlds best when it comes to Php (especially the ini file), but, I found this in my php.ini.

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
post_max_size = 8M

Might be worth adding (with 25M as the size) and see if that does anything.

¥

11 Oct 04, 2005 19:25

Notta... Has to be something simple...

I have edited the b2upload.php and _admin.php to accomodate the changes. They previously had the wrong file sizes listed, so I set them to 25000 which is 25MB.

12 Oct 04, 2005 19:49

Ok, let me recap,

You have no problems uploading files under 2mb, therefore you have the correct permissions.

You have increased the upload limit in php.ini, b2upload.php and _admin.php

You have increased the max post size in php.ini

You have no "hacks" on your blog

You have no host limitations

hmmmmm, buggered if I know what the problem is. When I next get chance I'll try amending my blog to see if I can upload past the 2mb mark to see if I have problems and, if so, I'll have a play at making it work.

¥

13 Oct 04, 2005 20:23

No problems uploadings mp3s or other files 2MB and under
Fixed the php.ini b2upload.php and _admin.php
no custom hacks installed
And we aren't hosted, we own our own server

Form is loading...