Recent Topics

1 Oct 01, 2005 22:23    

I just set up B2Evo on my personal server, and cause of some wierd circumstances that i have no idea how to fix, I can't get to my baseURL, i can only get to the local one. Basically, other people get to my website by going to devrethman.ath.cx:2036, but when anybody on my network tries to go there, they get a "connection refused" error, but they can get to the intranet address just fine. (192.168.77.3:2036 or neko:2036) I have no idea why this is, but the problem is that it prevents the cookies from working when i try to administrate my new blog from a comp on my network, but if i set the baseurl to the intranet one, the cookies still don't work (maybe it doesn't like me using port 2036) and I imagine trying to get to it from outside would not work either (though i don't really have any way of testing).

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, but thanks in advance for the help.

2 Oct 03, 2005 02:01

I'm pretty sure the "connection refused" error does not have anything to do with b2evolution - it's something between your network and your firewall and your web server. It seems to me that your system is set up to require internal users to use the internal IP address and not the public address.

By default, though, b2evolution does not support accessing the same blog by 2 different URLs, so you can't have internal people use "neko" and external people use "devrethman.ath.cx" at the same time. I believe this may be a feature in the next version.

Do you by chance have an internal DNS system? If so, you could create a record for devrethman.ath.cx pointing to 192.168.77.3, and that should make that address usable from inside your network.

If you don't have the ability to change your internal DNS, then you are going to need a hack to allow b2evolution to handle multiple domain names (at least for this version).

3 Oct 03, 2005 02:21

Ok, I thought of a hack you might try. I haven't fully tested this, but I made the change to my blog, and it didn't kill it, so you should be able to safely give it a try :)

In your conf/_config.php, edit the $baseurl variable, replacing 'devrethman.ath.cx' with ' . $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] . ', so that it looks something like this:

$baseurl = 'http://' . $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] . '/blogs';

Or, in your case, it may have the port specified, like this:

$baseurl = 'http://' . $_SERVER["HTTP_HOST"] . ':2036';

What this should do is take whichever hostname you use (neko or devrethman.ath.cx) and stick it in the $baseurl variable so that cookies are set properly and all the pathing info to skins and such is correct.

Note that if you access it via one URL, and then access it via the other URL, the cookies will not be shared, so it will treat you like a new user (you will have to log in again, etc.). However, the cookie should be saved for both URLs, so you will only have to log in once per URL. It's just two seperate cookies (does that make sense?).

Form is loading...