Recent Topics

1 Oct 03, 2005 16:15    

Hi there,

In the Write tab, which of the "renderers" do I have to disable to get rid of the smiley icons? My students are keeping a blog and need to reference their work using MLA or Chicago Style citations, ex (Jones:9) and they are being published with the smiley. Argh!!

Thanks!

Heather

2 Oct 03, 2005 16:32

Uncheck the box that says "Smilies" in the Renderers section on the right side. You can also edit the plugin to be opt-in instead of opt-out, and that box will be unchecked by default.

3 Oct 03, 2005 17:50

You can also edit plugns/_smilies.conf.php so that the character strings that get converted aren't likely to be typed under normal circumstances.

':arrow:'			=> 'icon_arrow.gif',
		':exclaim:'		=> 'icon_exclaim.gif',
		':question:'	=> 'icon_question.gif',

4 Oct 04, 2005 11:57

In the Write tab, the smileys box is "permanently" enabled. Its checked - and cannot uncheck it. When I go to the plug-in tab it says the Smilies is "always" enabled.

I think I want to go with the option "opt-out" - where do I go to change this, What file needs changing? And is it selt evident in the code where this needs to be changed?

Thanks

H

5 Oct 04, 2005 12:02

plugins/renderers/_smilies.renderer.php

class smilies_Rendererplugin extends RendererPlugin
{
	var $code = 'b2evSmil';
	var $name = 'Smilies';
	var $priority = 80;
	var $apply_when = 'opt-out';

¥

6 Oct 04, 2005 12:10

I know its a small thing...but did it. successfully! And I even impressed myself in the process. I barely have a handle on html let along php...

:lol:

And that one I used on purpose

H

Form is loading...