Recent Topics

1 Oct 18, 2005 03:26    

How can i change the sequence of blogs??

How can i write my blog with the mark of my account ID?
Above my article are the information like this: "7:37:41 am, Categories: NEWS BOARD, 124 words "
and under the article there is only a "leave a comment"!!

b2e is the best blog i had ever seen, i am looking forward to the next version of b2e.
But, what time will the next version come??

Thanks, best regards from CHINA :)

3 Oct 18, 2005 04:14

Thanks for your fast reply!
"account ID" it's login name!
How to make it out ??

4 Oct 18, 2005 05:03

You have a couple of options. If you just want to show the author name as plain text (no link), then add this to the _main.php file of your skin:

<?php $Item->Author->prefered_name(); ?>

Or you can make the author name be a link that leads to all posts on the blog by that author. Use this code for that:

<a href="<?php echo url_add_param( $Blog->get( 'blogurl', 'htmlattr' ), 'author='. $Item->Author->ID) ?>" title="<?php echo T_('Browse all posts by this author'); ?>"><?php $Item->Author->prefered_name(); ?></a>

5 Oct 25, 2005 19:37

Thanks for the information! I was wondering the exact same thing... figured it was some setting that I just missed.

About this code... is there a specific place that I have to insert it, or can it go anywhere in the _main.php file? I realize it's a pretty basic question, but I have absolutely no experience with any sort of coding, even the basic stuff like this.

6 Oct 26, 2005 17:46

I took a wild stab at it and just tossed the code in, and it works like a champ. Thanks!

Form is loading...