Recent Topics

1 Oct 20, 2005 14:05    

2-3 years ago blogging wasnt that dangrous...
now it is ...evil governments, evil ppl may hunt you for what you say on your blog .
I still like to blog for Private Readers - for those who I know - and I want to use b2evo .

I think it would be easy for 'b2evolution' to make a featuer that only private readers can read the private posts ...

because you guys already devloped a multi-user blog ...
in which just registered users can post and just "they" can see some of UN-PUBLISHED post .

just replace regtered users , with "private readers without posting ability" ,that can read "private published" posts .
peopel register their name and they will need to be approved by Admin (blogger) and then after admin approved it , They WILL NOT be forwared to the BACKOFFICE...
[as blog members are forwarded to the back office and they can see unpublished posts there...]
they should be forwarded to the blog , and they can see the Private Posts there as other normal posts .

plus in ,normal peopel should be able to read normal posts ...

the "Other" thing that comes to my mind is using INVITE SYSTEM,
for example , I know a good friend and I want him to read my private posts...and I know that he knows a lot of other good guys , he can invite them to read my blog ...without needing to be approved..

so a network of ppl can read my private posts and I would be boss and I could still bann a user from reading my private posts.

this is a great idea to push B2 ahead of other systems..I can tell you if you do this , you can competter with blogger , wordpress and MT ....today's worlds needs a Private Reader Based Blog System.

I hope , you have time to add this feature soon, because I like b2evo and I want to safely continue blogging .

Long life B2 Evolution. ;)

2 Oct 20, 2005 17:43

Today is your lucky day. That feature is already built into b2evolution. When you're posting, set the status to Protected instead of Published and only site members will be able to see it.

Then create accounts for your readers (or enable self-registration). Then go to the premissions sub-tab for your blog and set approved users to be 'Members' of that blog. Don't give them permission to post, just mark them as a member and they'll be able to see protected posts.

3 Oct 20, 2005 18:41

personman wrote:

Today is your lucky day. That feature is already built into b2evolution. When you're posting, set the status to Protected instead of Published and only site members will be able to see it.

Then create accounts for your readers (or enable self-registration). Then go to the premissions sub-tab for your blog and set approved users to be 'Members' of that blog. Don't give them permission to post, just mark them as a member and they'll be able to see protected posts.

hey I know this is possible this way ...but infact we are using something which is not made for this job ...it is like drinking beer with bowl ! wink

I meant you may better do some kind of Appereance things...and add that to B2evo's feature list... and do something that ppl who register , dont feel like they are member of the blog...they should feel they are a private reader !
and their name shouldnt be shown as Contribitor of the blog...
(if they register their name will be shown in the contribitor list... thats why i say it is like drinking beer in bowl..)

you better make a glass for this and add it as a new feature of b2 , i am sure it will make a lot of Sound and will make many ppl to use b2.

4 Oct 20, 2005 18:47

plus if you add this feature that I said as a seprate thing , you Open the Topic , to develope it more...so other ppl may make new hacks and mods for it .

for example somebody can make a hack that Private posts be only shown for users in North America.

[this can be done by a script that Discovers ppl's IP location]

and many other things...so I stronggly ask you guys to think about it.

thanks
medya

5 Oct 20, 2005 22:04

I still don't really see what you're getting at. Protected posts seem like exactly what you're asking for. What contributor list are you talking about? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to exclude certain users from a list. It might be easier to glue a handle onto the bowl and stretch it a bit, rather than to scrap the bowl and build a glass from scratch.

Form is loading...