Recent Topics

1 Oct 21, 2005 15:56    

Hi all,

I recently upgraded to mysql 4.1.14 (with Apache 2.0.54 and PHP 4.4.0 on Gentoo Linux). I had lots of problems reinsterting my backup data, but that's a different story. Now the problem is I can't post and users can't post comments. Whenever text is entered in the blog, ANYTHING that should have been translated to an html entity (and I'm french speaking so I mean all accented letters!) stops the insertion. The entity is not written and any subsequent character is simply ignored.

ok, I know this has something to do with text encoding and character sets. Default encoding for my database is UTF-8 (I know, I know...). I changed default encoding for my blog's database to Latin-1-cs but that didn't change anything.Anyone has a solution, or even an idea? Help! ;)

PS: b2evo is 0.9.1 "dawn" and worked perfectly until my stupid DB-update idea...

2 Oct 23, 2005 18:26

No answer ? Even you François ? Hey, after all this could mean b2evo doesn't work "out of the box" with MySQL 4.1... Help me out François please! I can't use b2evo anymore... :'(

4 Oct 23, 2005 18:37

No offense... I didn't mean it was not feasible (I would ask and would just downgrade in that case). I know it can be done and I know I messed something up. I just can't figure out how to get out of this. Because beleive me, I didn't mean to ! So the question is: ok, this is probably all the fault of MySQL default encoding being set as UTF-8. But how the hell do I change / accomodate this? I don't have a clue...

Form is loading...