Recent Topics

1 Oct 25, 2005 18:12    

Hi,

My provider experienced a major HD-crash after which he had to upload backups of my domain files, among which was my installation of b2evolution v 0.9.0.10.

Now the blog does its job again, but to my surprise the locales information is no longer considered for the display. That is, it still says locales de_DE everywhere in the settings on the admin panel, but in the weblog all the b2evolution-messages appear in english.

Does anyone where to check for the lost locales information?

thanks a lot

2 Oct 26, 2005 00:21

Do you have access to the files on your server? If so, check that there is a /locales directory in your b2e installation. Then check that there is a /de_DE directory. (/locales/de_DE/) and there should be a _global.php file in there as well as an LC_MESSAGES directory.

If you can't find it you may have to reupload that part.

If you can't check the files on your server try typing your base blog directory and adding /locales/de_DE/ to it, or /locales/de_DE/_global.php and see if anything exists there.

3 Oct 26, 2005 09:46

Hi,

files and folders you mentioned exist. I have an SQL-table named evo_locales with only one line where it says de_DE and de_DE appears also in the locales settings of the user panel and blog settings.

Nevertheless, when I go into my weblog the descriptions of links and categories and so on all appear in english.

Maybe the backup was not complete? Do you know which other files must exist for localization to work correctly?

thanks for the answers!

Form is loading...